2011 Great Ocean Road Trip Discussion Thread

TheNOBBLER

ok mechanic has called me and has told me that my car is in no shape to be driven due a few things, i am trying really hard to see if i can get the parts to get this thing going, but apparently the exauhst gasket is gone and he can't get another one untill next week...

My dad seemed to have a used one sitting around here and it seems to be in ok condition, so I am going to go get the car now and try and get it all done and together...

If i can't fix the exauhgst leak he said the car will not make it

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jamie, i've got an aftermarket inlet/exhaust gasket in the cupboard, the shitty two piece ones from bursons.

or you could go to bursons yourself and see if they have any in stock?

or i can try and track down a genuine one thru my parts guy if you'd like? should be around 35/40 bucks.

bugger it, just sent you a text.

Edited by dfunkt

Well the manifold was as loose as a goos, the 2 middle bolts were need to be screwed in around another 10mm :blinks: the leak is still slightly there but it is a million times better, I couldnt get any form of spanner or socket into the end bolts :glare: so I didnt actually put another gaset in it, my dad and I just couldnt get the 2 end bolts out!

So it is still leaking a little bit, but no where near as bad, and my dad thinks it should be fine, It is also ideling alot alot alot better... Still need to suss out the over heating at the moment but I have all day to do that, so I should be sweet..

Thanks heaps guys for all your help

I'm itchy... But it's not because of gor ;)

Well, it's just past midnight and dfunkt just went home... And it's still running like a bag o shite.

At least the excels got a big boot to fit all the goodies bags!

See you all Saturday morning, 8am meet up for a no later than 9am departure!

JP