Diesel Vs Petrol

abbott

Members dont see this ad

my brother has a 95' hliux 4wd with the 22rc 2.4L? petrol engine.

it does pretty well off road, but it is so damn slow on road.

ive driven it a few times, and it is annoyingly slow, just will not rev!

he does have bigger tyres on it, but it was still pretty bad with the standard ones...

maybe some extractors and a better carby would help it along....

or maybe I'm just used to the zippyness of the corolla.

ive personally never driven a diesel, but my mates work car was a brand new triton, 3L 4clr diesel turbo, damn that thing had some go to it. He only had the 2wd version, but i bet a 4wd version would be fun on the dirt.

wow thanks for all the feedback everyone but i found a 1991 hilux with a 3L in it only done 120000 kms for a good price so I'm gonna rep that with slowness for a while and then turbo it later down the track once i got more cash coming my way! thanks again

wow thanks for all the feedback everyone but i found a 1991 hilux with a 3L in it only done 120000 kms for a good price so I'm gonna rep that with slowness for a while and then turbo it later down the track once i got more cash coming my way! thanks again

Good thing is is that there are aftermarket turbo kits available for the 3L that turn it from N/A to turbo.

It blows smoke before the turbo kicks in. I have a feeling it's injectors also.

i would say that its just had the standard pump wound up a fair wack, and until you get it up on boost theres not enough air to burn all the diesel going in.

will need an aneroid fuel pump if its that bad, or wind the fuel back a bit, you likely wont notice much power difference but the black smoke should go away, its just running way too rich

(black smoke = unburnt diesel) assuming you know that though..

the other option, as trev said, is ask me about LPG and diesel, its the shit. basic piece of shit units, but it works.

you can keep the fuel lower, so off boost its not so smoky, and the LPG is boost referenced so you get more fuel when on boost.

the LPG increases the efficiency of the burn of the diesel, and will eliminate almost all visible soot, your motor runs cleaner, you get more power and the fuel cost doesnt change, so its all a win.

look into D-GAS, which is what I'm running, bought and installed myself, mounted tank, just got lines run and signed off on, claimed rebate and made a coupla hungie outta it. Other option is diesel gas australia, or diesel gas technologies, one of those.

team green is shite, and theres a couple of other dodgy POS systems out there.

and I'm tellin ya, none of them are very sophicticated :P