Ke20 / 25 Upgraded Radiator??

.T.

Hi Guys,

In the process of putting together a ke25 with 4agte motor & wondering about upgraded radiators. having looked around it seems that mazda rx3/4/7 radiators could & have been retrofitted - the water pipes are in the right places & dimensionally it's pretty close.

anyone have any experience with these radiators? or alternative units??

any help greatly appreciated

T

Members dont see this ad

peter,

i have put both camry & excel radiators into ae86's in the past. i have a stock ae86 radiator at home & it is too big for the 25. might just have to take measurements & go wondering around the wreckers i guess!!

thanks anyway

T

Have seen an excel rad, not sure which one, in an AE86 and it looked to be quite a bit narrower than the AE86. Certainly needed some blanking off down the sides.

I would imagine that if it fits in TA/RA's it would have to go pretty close in a KE2x?

I will also be keen on something for mine at some stage, so shall add it to my list of "things to look out for at the wreckers".

fyi standard rad, re-cored to triple core with bottom outlet mover to other side (to suit 4age) have been quoted between $250-300

T

Thats not too bad at all! I looked at getting a 3 core put into my RX4's end tanks (without moving an outlet) and was quoted around $400!!!

I ended up getting an ASI performance alloy cooler for about the same price as this one....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ASI-52mm-aluminum-a...=item45f3fede8f

You'd just want to make sure it would fit in the KE2X width wise.

got a standard ae86 one sitting in the engine bay right now. too wide

other options to be explored:

mazda 626 rwd

ford laser kb type

suzuki vitara

all look possible - but some will need tank mods.