Sr20 Ke30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less rolling diameter will always bring faster times. Slap 13's on ya rolla and take it for a boot. you'll notice it.

True, but the funny thing is the steel rims were slightly larger. :rocknroll: Id love to slap some 13s on the rolla but i tried and the brakes clash :P There goes third gear smokeshows..

12s sound even more fun, ......i think the sills would drag............ :rocknroll:

Whitewalls! yes, that is gold. I think i may have to do that.... as for changing cars, not really possible, way too many floor mods. over diff clearance, extra exhaust tunnel, +tunnel clearance for gearbox,

I love the concept though, :D venitians! yes i love it! As for the black.....nah, I'm still considering metallic silver, i don't know about black........hmmmmm, ....

My old car ran 14" rims with stock Corolla rolling diameter

15" rims that I had as skid tyres for motorkhana had much lower profile, therefore the car sat lower at motorkhana!

Speakin of motorkhana, are ya gonna bother commin ta kalbar to hit the motorkhana this wk end?

full credit for the driveline upgrade. way more original then the majority of corolla owners.

i like the idea of the metallic silver bumpers, tailight surrounds etc. would suit it.

f@$k the whitewalls. wrong era of car. would look stupid on anything later than a ke20.

not so sure about 17's or 18's. don't really suit the era of the car. that said something like FR17s would look good, not much else suits. otherwise it's more a fashion victim type of thing. 15's are good, something tough like dragways. you need dish, ke30's look tough with dish on the back.

the above is my opinion. if you don't like it well...

I fully agree with what u say about the need for dish, i have some chrome 17s with a flat face and they draw alot of attention, but they really don't suit. I think 17s really could work as long as they have a large bit of rim on the outside. :D

I have spent the last 2 days buffing the car, and the bumpers and some of the other smaller bits really need a repaint,as they are not real smooth, so i am getting real serious about considering the color change...... :angrybird: hmmmm......

Yes the BIG Chrome 17" wheels on a little ke30 do pull a few lookers.

Even to the point where ive had my car parked in town and have watched from the other side of the road people taking pics of it. :D .

But i also have a set of 195x50x15 wheels and tires for racing and my bad attempt of drifting (practice makes perfect) and for helping my fuel economy.

I would love some big dish wheels. But they cost way too much now, everything is FWD offset