• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

hi

i apsolutly love the colour of your rolla

it is fully sik

i don't care if it is on the bumpers the handles of anything cause it is wiked

you should wack some polished 14" hotwires on it they would look sik.... go the sr20

i want 1

you have just decided the colour for me to paint my ke20

cheers

james

• 3 weeks later...

i love the car and don't hate the the color, but it isnt high up on the color chart for me. but deff do something with the bumpers already.

have you any more cheap SR's layin about as I'm doin an sr transplant into m rolla and are after a dummy engine that i can test fit. the thing coulf be siezed for all i care. buyin an S15 SR20DET later when i have the money to throw at it :wink:

Nah man sorry, i havnt got anything complete enough to do a dummy fit, ive got parts laying around but you will definately need something with a gearbox and at least the inlet manifold.

i think the best way to go would be to get a non-turbo like i had, and do the fit and get it running like that, then the changeover later is easy as.... :y: A freind of mine picked up a complete srde motor with gearbox for $400 a few months back, and its in good nick. On ebay ive seen them go for as little as $200, if you can find one local enough to pick up. :D good luck man!

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

They go really cheap, because no one wants them, everyone is all TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO...But the SR20 is an excellent engine without a turbo. Especially in a small car

how true is that. when you got a little car then just about anything even a smidge above standard will make a difference. i don't know about you but from a 3k up to an SR20DE is a good start. :D :y:

As a matter of interest, an original member of this forum purchased a pulsar (SR20DE) and put a turbo on it and made 160KW at the front wheels on 9PSI from memory :bash:

He blew it up... but I would attribute that to his driving style, not so much to the engine itself.

i know a guy with a SSS pulsar with the SR20DE and he killed it without the help of forced induction :D

didnt exactly blow up and take the bonnet off but its basically dead (last legs) and i put it all down to his bling bling 4puk button clutch which shook and ratled the shit out of his car and put a million vibrations in the interior and killed the rest of his drive train in front and behind it.

it also dosent help putting it flat to the floor and reving every gear out to 7 or so after the engine has warmed up for about 3 secs on a good day.

i thought it was an achievement too as the good old SR are pretty reliable even stock and can take an awsome hiding. but this ones good as dead. havent talked to him for a while but it has bad noises and wont rev past like 1500rpm. might be fixed now but who knows. :rocknroll: thats what you get