Me Ke20

frasian

hey i recently just brought my 1st car

its a 1973 corolla, not many here in perth as ive found out

i got it from an old lady 1 owner its in overrated condition full service history and minimal rust all is stock she recently put a new exhaust because old one rusted out. no cracks on the dash i opened the ashtray to find its near new lol, all chrome is near perfect

I'm exstatic about the car and the price i got it for all is liscenced for another year its just an allround awsome 1st car

I'm looking for ideas for setups

so far ive decided for a ke25 grill beacuse i think it looks much better, if anyone has one lying around id be glad to take that off your hands

I'm looking for some thin spoke wheels to make the car look lighter, but not sure what wheels fit the 4 stud pattern, ive heard rx7 serie 1 and 2 wheels fit and cortina wheels from ford but I'm not sure about that.. ?

re-spraying it white original colour

redoing the interior old school with the external rev counter and woodgrain steering wheel, recarpeting it all

seats have just been sent in to re-do in black

i just brought another ke20 manual for conversion

its got new windows new lights back and front, the previous owner brought all new stuff to fix it but never came around to doing it, the other car is just everything i was looking for and he only wanted 350 for it, except the panes is all rusted out but the the engine i wanted :)

so yeah I'm open to all ideas at the moment for it i just need inspiration to see what else to do with it

engine wise I'm pretty happy with mine

I'm taking it from the other ke20 i brought its got a 4k head, new 2 in exhaust extractors and radiator

as I'm about to get my p's i don't want a big engine just yet as ive heard the hammer with the stock engine anyway haha

anyway here are some pics down at my dads workshop

redonerolla.jpg

rollla2.jpg

PICT0042.jpg

PICT0045.jpg

Edited by frasian

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow!! That is one really clean Ke20.

I'd leave it Auto. All you need to do is just stretch the Diff Ratios out and put in a Worked 5K.

Try and find yourself an Exterior "Granny" Sun Visor for the Windscreen and you'll have a "Grandma-Spec" Ke20.

Josh :)

Wow!! That is one really clean Ke20.

I'd leave it Auto. All you need to do is just stretch the Diff Ratios out and put in a Worked 5K.

Try and find yourself an Exterior "Granny" Sun Visor for the Windscreen and you'll have a "Grandma-Spec" Ke20.

Josh :)

nah I'm converting it to a manual, more fun to drive

the other car i brought is same model ke20 only a manual....

so the engine gearbox and diff should slide straight in

i hope ............

nah I'm converting it to a manual, more fun to drive

Couldn't agree more. Auto's belong in Magna's and the like or Drag cars.

If you are interested in some period mags have a look on this site for a few ideas; Link. Some of them take a bit of tracking down though..

Couldn't agree more. Auto's belong in Magna's and the like or Drag cars.

If you are interested in some period mags have a look on this site for a few ideas; Link. Some of them take a bit of tracking down though..

yeah I'm looking for like approx 20 spokes mags in like a silver-ish colour

but I'm not sure on sizing

i know rx7, cortina and saabs the old ones but apart form that ive no clue haha

hoping i could find some inspiration on this site aswell as bulk info on the car :)

i had a few new pics to put up but the uploader is being a fag so .. yeah will have to wait a while

well today i finally organized a pickup up the doner car so yeah pics of that should come along real soon'

i just picked up some new carpets for $ 120 off ebay and that seams a reeasonable price :yes:

so yeah my search for wheels is stilll on and ive found in general what i want that would fit ect ( the wheel size is 114 yeah ?)

I'm after watanabe 8 spoke

watanabe20rs820type20a.jpg

something inline with this

I'm not worried about tires just the actual wheels minor scrapes and stuff is no prob either

but my budget would be about 600 maby more depending on condition so yeah if any of you nkow of someone with soem lying around id be glad to get it off them :yes:

so yeah the car is getting mounted next week on a sat and work starts there as we have a doner car now arriving :)

so yeah ill be snapping pics and keeping all informed :)

Gauthier

wheels you need will be 4x110 which is the same as mazda.

Cortina won't work, as they are 4x108.

What's happening to the other shell once you've pulled the bits you want???

ahh ok thanks ill be over to see mr mag in morley for them as he has a good amount so hopefully ill pick up some nice ones :yes:

would a multi fit pattern fit the 20 . because if i can't find what I'm after that would be my other option :yes:

with the other car id wan to make my money out of it so with my stepdad/panelbeater we will be cutting the rust in rusted parts and sell wanted parts such as interior trim like seats and stuff

and others such as fenders, doors, boot, only thing imma need is engine diff and transmission

so yeah if your after anything i should be able to supply it.

Watanabes would be great, dunno if I'd go for a multi pattern personally. A lot of them look tacky..

does anyone know if i can find watanabes for my 4x110 stud pattern

yeah but if i find a multi stud that looks awsome i could get covers for the nuts if u know what i mean... :yes:

anyway this weekend is the start time of my car.

so pics should be up by next week of some work and the doner car

there is a website where you can get Watanbes made to the stud pattern and also you have an option of what size wheel you would like and they go upto 15's

Unsure of the website, i can't remember it but someone has it on here in a post, i will see if i can find it

there is a website where you can get Watanbes made to the stud pattern and also you have an option of what size wheel you would like and they go upto 15's

Unsure of the website, i can't remember it but someone has it on here in a post, i will see if i can find it

I'm guessing you're thinking of Performance Superlights, they go 10x5 up to 16x8

Performance Superlights