Apprentices

jono1986

While doing my apprenticeship for 2 and a half years under supervision from psycho steve (anybody in the drag racing world will know him from the ex junkyard dogs drag team) i coped, left handed screwdriver, i got greased (had bearing grease sprayed at high pressure into my hair), attempted to set me on fire with brakecleaner (which failed quite badly and ended up with his hair on fire and all his facial hairs gone(that'll teach ya psycho steve)), nearly run over with a truck, never got the chance to do anything stupid to any other apprentices though :lolcry:

A1 Nissan?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was when I was in spare parts in the environmental industry.

The workshop foreman came into the office and gave me a bit of paper with a name and number to call as he said he took the call while I was on lunch, I gave the number a call and I got the answering machine for Currumbin wildlife sanctuary so thankfully I got that instead of asking for Laurie Keets.

I got him back a week later:

One of our customers was called Richard Burns but preferred to be called Dick so I googled the brothels number at sumner park and wrote Dick Burns and the number down and told him to call (he knew Dick so he didn't ask and questions), when the lady answered she only said Hello and not the business name, he asked 'Is Dick burns there please? which he got the reply 'no, this is a brothel, would you like to make an appointment'

Was good to see his face go red and have the office laughing at him.

He also walked up to me one day and asked if I had seen what the cat did to him to which I said no, he pulled his shirt away from his shoulder and when I went in for a closer look he grabbed my man hood.

Working in manufacturing in the past i'm going to say engineers are so up them self it's not funny, so ignore the past comments and relive painful memories of being an appprentice.

Once when i was at work with my dad they tied the toilet door to a boat for a little while....

I was talking to a few tradesmen a while back. they told me some of the things they had done to a few apprentices.

One apprentice was machining brass with a carbide tip. Said carbide tip shattered and fell into the swarf tray.

After asking a tradesman what to do, he began looking for all the bits to put the carbide tip back together.

Now, Carbide tips are usually gold in colour. Brass swarf is also gold. Apprentice spent the best part of half an hour looking for all the bits before the boss came around and asked WTF he was doing.

Sending a apprentice to see the quite attractive lady in the office for a pair of snatch dividers....

Also sending an apprentice out with a folded message (indicates it is private) to a store. which the guy behind the counter looked at the message and told him he didnt have what the message asked for and sent him somewhere else that may have the item.

The same thing happened at 5 different places, until curiosity got the better of the apprentice and he looked at the message. It simply read...

SEND THE BUGGER FURTHER....

And the usual,

-Box of grinding sparks ('cos this grinding wheel aint making enough)

-Muffler bearings

-Headlight or Indicator Fluid

:lolcry:

Edited by SLO-030

being a painter i get blokes from the welding shed send apprentices up to get a can of overspray,

Then there is vasoline on all the door handles. makes them hard to use when you have got gloves on,

taping the filters on the masks so the warer can only breath out,

glue all the aprentices belongings to the celing,

cover a car in washabe booth coating then paint it red, washes of with a pressure washer see. The owner freaked we had a good laugh thoe,

match head in a cigerette he nearly shit him self when it went up and the list goes on.

Not an apprentice, but I just did a five week course where everybody had a laptop with the course notes on it.

After lunch on one day, I plugged my mouse into my neighbours laptop, and then spent an hour and a half changing pages every time he looked up. I thought he was going to bury the laptop in my head when he found out. :D

did a similar thing to an old bloke at work in our partitioned office. He was on the other side, we plugged a second mouse in and over the course of a few weeks we'd randomly start moving it or clicking. Short bursts, intermittently. The game was up when he heard 6 of us hiding behind the partition trying to stifle laughs as he swore at his broken computer....

Times like this I'm glad I'm a professional rather than a tradesman....
Mechanical/Design Engineer

Hiro you must just work for a boring engineering company... Superglung phone receivers to the phone, swapping keys on the old 2 finger typers keyboard, screwing peoples desk drawers shut, hiding peoples gear while they're on leave and leaving treasure hunt clues around, painting the inside of their safety glasses, all sorts of Dye marker shenanigans....

Working in manufacturing in the past i'm going to say engineers are so up them self it's not funny, so ignore the past comments and relive painful memories of being an appprentice.

that's interesting, working in manufacturing in the past I'm going to say shopfloor guys are so full of shit and have such stupid chips on their shoulder it's not funny.

Edited by philbey

Hiro you must just work for a boring engineering company... Superglung phone receivers to the phone, swapping keys on the old 2 finger typers keyboard, screwing peoples desk drawers shut, hiding peoples gear while they're on leave and leaving treasure hunt clues around, painting the inside of their safety glasses, all sorts of Dye marker shenanigans....

Nah my workplace is pretty good actually, big contingent of young engineers and draftys in the design office so there's never a boring day, but the environment and relationships between positions means that the practical joke side of things never really gets explored.

We're a _bit_ bigger than just an "engineering company" though.

Ive done the grease nipple in the side of apprentices tool box and filled up every day for a week. There was work experience dude that was giving me the sh!ts so i asked him to get me some sky hooks. 30 mins later he came back with them, BIG W sold a gardening product called that.He sure showed me up.

Philbey, the old screw through the side of a cupboard into a drawer is the best haha! Can't believe I didn't mention that one before :D A few dots of glue around the drawer front also works ;)

Another one that works well at work is wrapping some masking tape around the terminals of a cordless drill battery when they arn't looking, then jam it back into the drill.