Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Roladude'S Al25 Tercel

Featured Replies

Hi guys

I have just picked myself up a Toyota AL25 Tercel. It is one of those cars that you love or hate no in between.

 

I am at 2 minds on which way to go. UP OR DOWN being a almost 4wd :lolcry: I am thinking UP

 

I am looking forward to hearing feed back on what you all would do. I know some will say burn it but I have always had a soft spot for these.

 

When I picked it up (yesterday) the car looked like it has never been cleaned since the day it rolled of the showroom floor. So I spent all yesterday arvo pulling the seats and rear wagon mat out (the same stuff a furniture removalists use to keep furniture from being scratched :lolcry: ) and gave it a good vacuum out, would have done more today but it is raining :lolcry: (so I just gave it a wash and see what the afternoon brings)

 

Any way enough said here are the pics

 

post-4132-1283648554_thumb.jpgpost-4132-1283648579_thumb.jpg

post-4132-1283648604_thumb.jpgpost-4132-1283648632_thumb.jpg

post-4132-1283648665_thumb.jpgpost-4132-1283648696_thumb.jpg

post-4132-1283648729_thumb.jpgpost-4132-1283648768_thumb.jpg

post-4132-1283648807_thumb.jpgpost-4132-1283648838_thumb.jpg

 

Here are the pics with no seats and vacuumed out. Still yet to clean the door trims and dash panel. On top of the spare wheel is and original Toyota wheel chock how cool is that :yak:

 

post-4132-1283648958_thumb.jpgpost-4132-1283648980_thumb.jpg

post-4132-1283649002_thumb.jpg

 

Tell me what you all think

Edited by roladude

  • Author
Take the carpet out and gurney it. Will prob come out looking brand new.

 

Nice looking ride,.... go LOW :lolcry:

 

 

I am not going to be that picky on the carpet the carpet is to thin and would probably have holes once I gurney it.

 

That's 1 for low

Hydraulics. Best of both worlds. Switch on the dash, Up (4wd) and Down (2wd) :lolcry:

Bah, I must not of hit send reply.

 

A series FTW :lolcry:

Its good you're back in a Toyota mate, continue on giving it a schmicko thorough detailing like you've done and it will be a winner. I'd be inclined to lower it a little, just for it to be a little bit different. :lolcry:

Up for sure. Camping out of that thing would be awesome too.

Thats the first time ive ever seen or heard of that model car and

honestly i reckon you could pimp that thing so easily. If it were mine

i would be going for the biggest rims money can buy and dumping it on

its ass, imagine the stereo you could fit in the back...Home theatre. :lolcry:

Just don't try and make it go fast. The gearbox will asplode.

 

I'd leave it stock and jack it up... They're surprisingly capable off road :lolcry:

 

I used to own one... His name was Little Winston and he was a fancy SR5 with the rolloverometer just like yours... Except my interior trim was various hues of brown picnic rug.

Edited by 7shades

Need to be raised to the sky with fat white sunraysia wheels :lolcry:

both, lower the back and raise the front. so you don't scrape on the on the way you the massive jumps :lolcry:

 

Joking.

 

pimp it out. clean it, lower it, stezza. beaaaaaaast

  • Author

Thanks to all the Kudos. :lolcry: :lolcry: :yak:

 

The rain would not go away so I got the Pulsar out of the Garage and parked the Tercel in to finish what I had started. Fun driving it without a seat :lolcry: .

The rear doors and hatch windows had some sort of grease or silicone bass substance that took a lot of scrubbing (half an hour per window) to clean them. Some people need to be shot how bad they look after their cars.

The old owners were obviously drugies as I found a home made coke bong and some sort of breathing devise consisting of a 2ltr coke bottle and a loaf of bread bag taped to it, aswell as a chop bowl an scissors (well resonated).

I still have a lot of cleaning to do the seat belts don't retract properly so I am going to clean them and wipe them over with silicone spray. there is gunk caked on to almost every bit of plastic in the car except the dash that was an easy clean. Going to go to bunnings tomorrow to see what I can buy to clean it easier. I am getting their tho.

Going to paint the wheels gloss black and the centers white again and maybe put my chrome ring on (unsure of that one yet).

Going to get some bumper bar black and paint the bumpers and side mouldings black. Then repaint all the badges and also the grill to the colour they are now.

Is oven cleaner ok to use in the engine bay? I am pretty sure I have read other rollaclub members using it

 

Then give the car a polish.

 

The engine has a leak I looks like from the front crank seal. Should be remedied with a timing belt kit replacement. She runs a bit rough but looks like it is in dire need of a service. Then I will borrow my old mans car ramps to have a good look underneath the car (no major leaks that I can see but I think some bushes will require replacement).

When I drove it it drove straight. I let go of the steering wheel and she stayed straight. was fairly smooth driving to so all in all she is a beauty that shouldn't require too much to get a rwc

  • Author

 

That is a good one 7shades

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.