Gearbox's

skidrat

Members dont see this ad

its a 4 speed. i am looking at putting a 20 box in my 70 but i thought i had heard they did not fit. so does the shifter come out in a completely different position? or can i still make it work? sorry yes it is just for a 4k

Edited by skidrat

ok thanks guys. I'm not overly keen on cutting a new hole in the tunnel. so I'm glad i got onto you guys first.

KE30/55 shifter pos is a couple of inch further forward than KE70. KE20 is about the same again further forward so a '20 box in a '70 would have the shifter coming though...... :bash: just in front of the heater box!!! :laff:

Pongwow! - Pretty much all Toyota RWD gearboxes are the same length. :rolls:

KE30/55 shifter pos is a couple of inch further forward than KE70. KE20 is about the same again further forward so a '20 box in a '70 would have the shifter coming though...... :bash: just in front of the heater box!!! :laff:

Pongwow! - Pretty much all Toyota RWD gearboxes are the same length. :rolls:

Yeah i wasnt 100% sure, we have 12 gearboxs at home and 2 are ke20 and i swear they look smaller compared to the others and also shorter lol