Shakey Speedo Needle-Ke70

nz_83_dx

Members dont see this ad

While you've got the cable out, check for any kinks as this can also cause parkinson's in your speedo.

If it is kinked, you may be able to fix it with pliers, (be gentle!) or it may need replacement.

I think the inner cable maybe available from a gauge repair shop.

Would an unlubed cable cause mine being out by 10k? IE 110 for 100kph, I always have to be 10 kph higher.

No, that's caused by a the wrong plug/mechanism down at the gearbox, got the same thing wrong with mine. The little gear depends on the diff ratio and the gearbox.

Edited by jono1986

Wheels are 13's and it did the same thing with 4 speed to 5 speed. And my new 15's are pretty much the same diameter with 50 series on them.

Ill look into that plug thing, its not a huge issue. Not something I need to worry about anyway but seeing as there was a speedo cable topic thought I might ask.

Pull the plastic surround off, there are a few screws, then i think there are 4 screws holding the cluster in.

Then slide the cluster out, you'll prob have to reach in behind and unclip the speedo cable, push the speedo cable through the fire wall a bit more from the engine bay side if you need more room.

There will also be a wire cluster plugged in the back.