4K Engine Parts

dimsim

Members dont see this ad

Understand completely.

If you want it NOW, go to your local speed shop, they'll have it, but they will pull your trousers down when you pay. They won't even be courteous enough to use lube.

If you've got some time up your sleeve, keep googling 4k Toyota on ebay and your stuff will turn up. Shop around and it will be dirt cheap!

I'm freshening up a 3k. Some ask why, I just say cause I can!

I bought the stock stuff from Mid-State spares locally here in Orange.

Main bearings $55

Big ends $40

Adjustable fuel pressure reg $58

Full gasket set $140

Exhaust wrap $57

One-piece manifold gasket $10

The head was skimmed and valves/seats cut for $65

I did that work, bought and fitted twin SUs, extractors, full exhaust, custom airbox and a Crow cam, which totalled $2300. We never touched the rings and cam chain parts.

What are you planning on doing dimsim?

What are you planning on doing dimsim?

Hey man,

I plan on pulling the whole engine apart and pretty much replacing everything.

It's done roughly 350,000km so it's in need of it anyways.

New crank, rods, pistons, rings, bearings etc.

3K head, bigger cam, all the small things inside the head to improve the timing, will probably run a cam with 0.400" or around so need all them new bits.

Plan on making it EFI with either 4K-E or 7K-E manifold and aftermarket computer and fueling etc.

Possible forced induction later on down the line hence the complete overhaul on the engine.

Wouldn't mind getting rid of the 4 speed for a stronger better 5 speed but I have no clue on the transmissions and what can fit up to a 4K etc, may need help in that regard.

Get everything balnced and machined etc.

If someone has done this before, what would be the best way to go about it?

i paid $229 for a full 4k ACL 0.040 oversize rebuild kit from repco(which includes pistons rings bearings head gasket seals etc, part number is ERA2509EBB1. Only that cheap because it was on clearance. Normal price is something like $357. Water pump cost me $89. I'm still waiting on the time timing chain kit. So give Repco or someone like that a call or pop in and talk to them.

Edited by thatdude

If you're going to do all that you might as well start with a 5K and get the extra 300cc!

The crank and rods should be fine. If the crank you use is worn just get it cut 10thou undersize. Lighten the flywheel, rebore, new oil pump, cam cut and a head job. Timing chain replaced for sure, and if the water pump is dodgy do that.

Other things that would be worn might be dizzy bushes and the rocker shaft & rockers. A 150,000km 5K might be a better bet for all those odd things wearing out, but it comes with hydralic tappets as stock.

Looks like you will be busy! :P

Well what I was thinking was having the 4K block brought back to life and put the 3K head on it, the 3K head lowers the capactiy by a whopping 3-5mL but gives the compression a bit of a boost, and with that just do the headwork in the 3K head and with fuel injection should go alright.

Obviously I need to do a bit more research into it but that's what sounds good at the moment.

At the moment I'm having a fair bit of trouble finding an EFI manifold anyway.