Wheel Arch Flares Vs Fender Rolling

Spencer

Hey Guys

Need some good advice,

My Ke70's wheels are protruding out the guards, I have bought some wheel arch flares and before installing them I want some info on rolling my guards or Arch flares.

How much extra mm will I get by rolling my guards? and wats happens to the little bog thats there?

Are Arch flares legal? and whats the best way of installing them?

All info is appreciated

Cheers

Edited by Spencer

Members dont see this ad

Firstly how much offset is crazy offset?

Depending on how you do it you can get an extra 20 - 30 mm from rolling/pull your guards.

But depends if you want to keep that swage line thingy and roll it, or pull the lip out and stretch it.

Bog will crack, and the arches will need repainting

You'll most likely need to cut the front bit of the guard too, just in front of the wheel.

soooo today was fitting my new wheels

and bam! the front wheels touch the struts!!

I had a feeling the would happen

Can you please help me with a solution.

If already come up with a couple of solutions and would like your opinions

Wheels size : 205/60/R15 didnt have offset stamp so measured it 120mm

1)Spacers - But illegal in Wa :(

2)Flipping the rims - Not to sure if it would work,if I do I'm going to have to chop the wheel archers.But I don't mind i got arch flares

3)Changing the Camber - Would need someone to walk me through the process.

4)Changing the Tyres - NOOO , to much of $$$$

5)Strut coversion - Need more info

Cheers

post-11944-034411000 1287225648_thumb.jpg

post-11944-076980300 1287225695_thumb.jpg

post-11944-010541300 1287225718_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spencer

what offset are those? get some better tyres and if your going to put flares on you may aswell just cut most of the stock wheel arch flare off and mold those ones onto your guard otherwise just flare them, I did mine and got both sides flared and one side nearly done (minus painting) in about a day. But it took longer because there was some very thick paint that cracked off.

Edited by 19914afc

Isn't it under $200 for the adjusting kit, where you cut the spring seat off and weld on a threaded tube with a wind-up seat??

They're smaller diameter than the stock one, and take the newer small diameter springs.

..and camber is not on the list- you would need lots of +ve camber and it would handle worse than stock.

Can you flip the rims? If they are designed for it then you'll need to see if the stub axles will take the new loading from that offset, and it they are still legal with the outside widened so much.

Ah- here you go

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=25858&st=0&p=296005&hl="cheap%20coilovers"&fromsearch=1entry296005

Edited by altezzaclub

Cheers everyone for the helpful info

Really appreciated,

Been doing some research and saw that some guys are buting Nissan S13's struts and brakes in,

Whats needed for that conversion cause I can get my hands on some stock standard struts really cheap.

Cheers

Hey guys

So got a quote on some new rubber $420 for the set of Khomu tyres which are 195/50/R15

But been looking around and found some

Ae86 Struts with kyb shock king spring- R150

But not sure what else I would need i have a late 84 Ke70

Please let me know what I will need