Teds Project Ke70 ~ The Blue Car

Teddy

Members dont see this ad

Well now that the bodywork is complete, We really have to get our finger out and get the mechanicals done.. Today we ripped the diff out again and started tidying it up ready for a fresh coat of paint. Matt decided while we were going to re-seal everything again and make sure its all tip top.. We took the brake drums off, removed the brake lines and brake linings, Drained the diff oil and removed the axels. Went and got a few nice whire wheels for the drill and then proceeded to remove the 10 kilos of dirt that was attatched to the diff. Have to tidy up the welds on the swaybar mounts too, but that will come later..

Sv108380.jpg

Sv108382.jpg

Sv108383.jpg

Sv108394.jpg

Sv108401.jpg

Sv108402.jpg

Sv108408.jpg

Yee Haa :) - this diff is gona be so nice :)

Things to get...

Ae82 Radiator

Ae71 Break booster

Ae71 Break Master Cyl

Ae71 Clutch Master Cyl

Ke70 Front caliper o/haul kit

T18 Control arm bushes

T18 Rear sway bar bushes

T18 Rear Shoes

T18 Rear Wheel Cylinders

T18 Rear Wheel Bearings

T18 Rear Axel seals

MMM its gona be so nice to drive :D

Bit of a progress update, Got some more done to the diff. The welds were a drift job, So I ground them back and got the old boy to run a few new welds to get the strength back into the swaybar mounts. Also makes it look a bit more original.. Hoping to get the diff prepped today so I can get it painted next weekend..

SV108476.JPG

SV108477.JPG

SV108485.JPG

Today we started with smoothing the welds on the swaybar mounts with some bog (Using my elite bogging skills). Undercoated the areas that we just fixed, then painted the diff black. Wile Matt was busy wire wheeling the rest of the diff parts I was under the car wire wheeling the dirt off the back end. I also Undercoated and painted the rest of the diff parts after Matt had finished cleaing them up. Got most of the back end under the car blacked out, So next weeks project is to black out the rest of the underbody and get the diff housing back up and in. Took me a good half hour to get all the dirt off my body and paint out of my hair (Argh, Stuck my hair in the paint under the car somehow$#%!@!..)..

Sv108507.jpg

Sv108510.jpg

Sv108508.jpg

Sv108513.jpg

Sv108516.jpg

Sv108520.jpg

Sv108526.jpg

Sv108529.jpg

Sv108544.jpg

Sv108546.jpg

Sv108551.jpg

Sv108552.jpg

just a thought, if u havent bought a radiator yet, an ST165 celica radiator is the same dimensions as an AE82 corolla one, but its twin core and comes with 2 thermo fans.

Keeps the SR in mine cool with only 1 thermo workin and no engine fan :P

Also, what colour is that, coz I'm thinkin of doin mine that blue also

Edited by Fat Bastard Customs