3Vz-Fe In Ke70

shayden

Members dont see this ad

I did piles of research on the camry 3VZFE V6 idea years ago. You can use 5VZFE prado/hilux extractors, bellhousing and intake (but the runners are really long because they're truck gear designed for torque) Dizzy comes out the back of the head so you'll need an aftermarket ecu to get good fitment.

1MZ has been done, and they're a nice light motor, sign up to toymods as there's a RA28 with one swapped in, he hacked a chuck out of the block to accommodate the starter, and used an auto 5VZ bellhousing with an offset adapter plate to get the motor to bolt W58, and custom manifolds all over. They run factory wasted spark so it would be possible to run on a factory ecu.

If its a burnout car there's nothing wrong with a steel block V6 commo motor, it just won't steer very happily. A 1JZ is doable, but without firewall mods it won't be a great handler either. I think the alloytec commo motor might be worth looking into, the name says it all, 180ish kg which is a big improvement on the steel block motors.

ive thought about this many times, an na v6 in a ke whatever would be some awsome fun. But a toyota v6 would be a fair amount of work to get in there and i wouldnt let a commy v6 go anywhere near any of my cars. I also realise there are a few toyota purist's out there but the cheapest way i can think putting a v6 into a ke70 with good results power wise would be a vg30de 300zx motor. There already a rwd engine, cheap and easy to come across and they pack a punch. I would love to do it one day but the chances of me ever getting around to it would be slim to none. Someone else do it!

• 2 months later...

mmm... wow thanks guys.. n yea most v6 blocks are bout 250kg> i was thinkin bout 4age but really wanna do sumthing different, n also wanna give all the big 6's a hard timme ;)

If most V6 blocks are 250kg I must be superman!

I can carry a holden V6 block and heads so they can't be anywhere near that.

More around the 100-120 mark id say.

Most of the understear issues ive seen with the v6s fitted seem to be incorrect spring choice and wheel alignment.

Try the 3VZ out of the 4Runner.

I thought the four runner vz was only sohc and really not quite as quick or worth the effort.

There are different Toyota V6 motors that will rwd better than a VZ, and all alloy, but still very pricey (GR).

If youre just looking bang for buck hp try an SR20. Lighter motor and plenty of power in a corolla. Even atmo would be decent, a bit gruntier than a 4age.