3Vz-Fe In Ke70

shayden

I'd be inclined to go 1ggte over 1jz in corolla due to the sheer size and weight. A 1jz is a good 16~cm longer leaving no room for a normal fan or a decent radiator.

Where as the 1ggte with it's rated 185-210hp rating is more then enough power to get you in trouble.

They're smaller and lighter and quite rev happy.

Much better suited than 1jz

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

I thought the four runner vz was only sohc and really not quite as quick or worth the effort.

There are different Toyota V6 motors that will rwd better than a VZ, and all alloy, but still very pricey (GR).

If youre just looking bang for buck hp try an SR20. Lighter motor and plenty of power in a corolla. Even atmo would be decent, a bit gruntier than a 4age.

I've been told the GR series are a nightmare for conversions due to the multiplex wiring and a few other problematic electrical hurdles...

I thought the four runner vz was only sohc and really not quite as quick or worth the effort.

There are different Toyota V6 motors that will rwd better than a VZ, and all alloy, but still very pricey (GR).

If youre just looking bang for buck hp try an SR20. Lighter motor and plenty of power in a corolla. Even atmo would be decent, a bit gruntier than a 4age.

No they are twin cam. I did the factory head gasket recall on them in 1998. I must have done 200 of them lol..

I'm going with the old Ecotec mainly because I know what makes em tick and they can make very easy power in the right hands.

Def a quad cam, 2 heads that are twin cam on each side normally called a quad cam. Twin cam is a 3VZE

I meant twin on each head. He said SOHC. You can't have a SOHC on a V shape motor can you. lol

They have one cam belt pulley and scissor gears in the head to drive the 2 cams per head.

Edited by KE20 V6 Turbo

I meant twin on each head. He said SOHC. You can't have a SOHC on a V shape motor can you. lol

You're getting confused between the SOHC (one camshaft per bank) 3.0L 3VZE and the DOHC (two camshafts per bank) 3.4L 5VZFE (which came out in the Prado, Hilux, 4-Runner, Surf etc).

i got a v6 buick motor in my ke70 if fit in really well heaps of space thefront end does feel a bit heavy but it still drives good, alot of power, my memcal has been tuned and u can definitly tell the difference wiring pretty easy it just secuity which has to be bypasses a sayin that this is a track only car

You're getting confused between the SOHC (one camshaft per bank) 3.0L 3VZE and the DOHC (two camshafts per bank) 3.4L 5VZFE (which came out in the Prado, Hilux, 4-Runner, Surf etc).

Yes your right. Its been some time since I worked at Toyota. lol

We did the recall on both the 3VZ and 5VZ.

They had serious corosion issues with the block decks.

I had to replace many blocks.

Sorry for the confusion.. I'm getting old. lol

Something different would be the 2.7 3RZ? From the 2WD hilux..

Someone jump on me if I'm wrong again, like I said, been about 10years..

Edited by KE20 V6 Turbo

thanks for all the ideas but I'm goin bluetop maybe turbo set up, easiest n cheapest i could find as I'm still on shitty wages n its my first conversion...

ill probs be on here every second askin for help once i start buildin my lil beast up ;) lol

cheers :)