quokka...

Dan

Members dont see this ad

Haha, yeah. Did that make it all the way East? Just a group of bored/stoned/drunk teen's started to kick em around... they got really severely punished for it, no thanks to the media. Still, its was wrong for them to do it, though I think the media sort of exaggerated it... and the coppers over there have Nothing to do.

Makes me think twice when I want to go there... we'd be like the public enemy...

I wonder why nobody ever seems to talk about them. I've been here 6 years, I've heard about kangaroos and wallabys and wombats and echidnas and platypuss's, but I've never heard of a quokka!

I pretty sure thats only because they are not displayed in Zoo's or anywhere else apart from South Western Australia. (thats what i'm lead to believe anyway).

I was on holidays in WA a few years ago, and made the trip out to Rottnest. Yes they look cute, but if you happen to get too close to angry critter, they can be bloody ferocious.

Its only because they need to be to get food... The only place in the world that you'll find them now is Rottnest, all the ones down south got eaten by foxes...

And they're full of diseases from the food that they scrounge...

Worse than rabbits?

I have never been attacked by a rabbit, so i can't really say. But if you put your hand too close to them or move sharply, then they snarl and charge at you a little. The ones i saw were only babies though. They only grow to about 90cm tall, so their not huge beasts that that will pound you.

I sure most of them are happy to recieve a good feed, but not when your amongst big groups of noisy people like i was.