Ilona The Twincharger Ke55 Coupe

mhmills

Members dont see this ad

tidy 55 you got there! and good to see you converting over to the efi. :happy:

plenty info on how to twincharge on the interwebs already if you not sure.

existing production twincharged cars incl.

Nissan March superturbo

Lancia Delta S4

VW Golf tsi

click on above to see system diagrams.

some more ramblings of my own on this forum if you havent seen.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/13186-4agze-twincharger-conversions/

theres an awesome mitsi evo5 twincharge in scotland. can see vids on youtube under user evomadmac. he uses compound charged turbo into super with two coolers. pretty much the ultimate setup like the delta s4.

Simplest setup being turbo into super but is limited to how much heat the system creates and how much heat the supercharger can handle. balance of boost levels is key. the other option is go sequential which requires a bypass valve. can use either turbo into super (nissan march) or super into turb (VW) but each has it's own quirks to iron out. Position of throttle before or after supercharger also makes big difference to system operation. then theres the parallel system which may or may not work. they usually fail. one that works is the opel mantra kadett volvo engine thing. he uses two flapper valves from what can been seen in his pics. i just never see the point in it when series and sequential are proven performers.

so yeh. keep up the effort. curious to see how you get on. will assist in system design if requested.

good luck

Thanks for all the advice, more info never hurt anyone :)

I have a customer who has one of those VW Golf's, he says it hauls ass. I've seen it and you could hear the induction on it. Pretty mad little car, only hope mine can thrash it :P

Speaking of Turbo into Super, which seems to be my setup as of current, Turbo>Intercooler>Supercharger, I figure that will lower the heat before airflow hits the Supercharger. MIGHT even squeeze in another intercooler, might not. Haven't decided.

Cheers, Jake.

Edited by mhmills

Fitted an MA61 seat into the drivers side, must admit HUGE upgrade! Much more comfortable, just a pain in the ass to get out of. I managed to fit them using the MA61 seat rails which were 3cm further apart then the original KE55 seat rails, however the rail length was the same. So I had Evan make up a bracket/plate for me 2 holes roughly 3cm apart. Using the bracket managed to fit the seats.

I don't have pictures at the moment, but I'll take some soon.

Cheers, Jake.