Explode Your Brain Helping Me

SLW42

Hey guys, i have a problem that is making my brain explode 3 times over,

I bolted the lca's in, struts, castor rods in on both sides, and then went to re bolt the rack ends in and tie rods onto the car, and it pulled the front of the wheels out, and with the tie rods just screwed on, it sits like this >>>>> \-/

The thing thats making my head explode is it was setup exactly the same way in the white ke71!!!!!! WTF now do you see why i'm dying, i thought it might be castor

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Adding castor will cause toe-out, but I can't see it causing much.

How much castor are we talking here??

So everything came off the white car except for the rack? Struts & springs with steering arms, LCAs and castor rods....

What could affect toe- ride height, castor, LCAs, cross-member width, rack width and steering arm length... must be one of those.

Make sure the steering arms out of the rack on each car are the same length, although if they are too short I can't see how either car could use them.

I think LCAs and cross-member width would have the most effect on toe.

Are you talking about positive camber or toe? if you are talking about positive camber did you jack the lca's up so they where up as if the wheel was all the way down on the ground with load on the suspension? or did you just put it all together and tighten it all up?

Don't want to hijack thread but is there any special way to bolt the steering arm to the ball joint?

Are you talking about positive camber or toe? if you are talking about positive camber did you jack the lca's up so they where up as if the wheel was all the way down on the ground with load on the suspension? or did you just put it all together and tighten it all up?

Don't want to hijack thread but is there any special way to bolt the steering arm to the ball joint?

Toe, the rack is now too short.

what Lca's are they?

if they are xt130/sigma problem will be the tie rod tube is too short , from memoery ra40 tie rod tubes are longer allowing you to move the tie rod end out to correct

original car may have these already, or it may have a lock spacer

.try changing the complete rack over

fyi i run maxxed castor on mine and it is perfect, still havent done a wheel alignment and its been that way since i first got it.

nah everything is from the white ke71, i.e struts, rack, lca's, rack ends are the same size, the racks in the ke71's i found are about 10mm longer :bash: so i swapped them over from ke70 to ke71 and still the same thing,

Yeah terry i know about the length differences in lca's but there stock i'm pretty sure, yeah ra60 rack ends are huge

oh true fair enough, i was talking about the actual rack ends :yes: , you'd think that there would be no difference in k series crossmembers from ke70 - ke71, cause there still the same engine being bolted in and the rack lined up in the same spot on the keto crossmember, this is really making my brain hurt!!!! :bash:

I bolted the lca's in, struts, castor rods in on both sides, and then went to re bolt the rack ends in and tie rods onto the car, and it pulled the front of the wheels out, and with the tie rods just screwed on, it sits like this >>>>> \-/

When you pulled out the lca's and struts did you do them as a complete unit or separate them at the steering arms ?

Cause if you've separated them its possible that you've used the left lca on the right and vice verse.

9 times out of 10 its always something simple.