'67 Ke10

Jono.C

The front's ready to go in when i find some struts. Then i can pull out the ke10 crossmember and drill accordingly.

I'll be using the ke20 tie rods on the ke10 steering setup for ease of use.

Decided to strip back one of the front guards today. Completely full of bog. Knocked about 1kg out and did it properly.

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

So, plans have changed.

I picked up my 3tc for this and the weight of it is far too much for the car, it wouldn't handle, and it's too big. ha

So, 4age is the way. Most likely 20v at this stage.

Also this will now be brought to as overrated as possible for rego then all work done.

Still got to find a ke70 crossmember and rack in tassie if anyone has one

Cheers

luckly i got a complete 4age 16v.. just ran dry on oil and had a bad clunk so motor came out. I got a friend who had an ae93 which got written off so I'm going to buy it off him for $100! Has a 7afe in it. I would like a blacktop.. there just so expensive and abit more work to get into the KE10 although still easily done

• 2 weeks later...

Haha cheers, i'm not running those wheels anymore, i got wider ones :P haha

But the ones i had on the back where massive negative and had a spacer welded on.

So the new ones will fit a lot better and i'll be able to run a ta22 diff.

As the 8.5's were 4x110

Edited by Jono.C

Haha cheers, i'm not running those wheels anymore, i got wider ones :P haha

Hahaha, man you're nuts, and I love it. Keen to see this baby evolve. I'm stressing about the potential of defect running my 13x7s, but it's a daily driven car I rely on to get me to and from Uni/Work. I actually think if I lower it, it'll attract less attention (massive guard clearance right now) - go figure.

What setup do you plan to use for the front suspension?

Tassie cops are pretty good i've found, unless you drive like an idiot you should be right.

Well at the moment i'm not too sure on front ends..

I've got a ke20 front end i modded to fit but i'm not a fan of steering box, and i'm getting a ke70 crossmember to shorten up and see how it fits.

Depending on how it goes i might have to mount rack and pinion to the ke20 crossmember, But i'd prefer not to as the geometry may be way off..

Apart from that, Most likely T18 lower control arms, Coilovered T18 struts with ae86 p/s knuckles for more lock, and less turns lock to lock, ajps lock spacer and ae86 jdm brake calipers.

The ke10 steering column doesnt suit to how i drive so i might fit a ra65 steering column with the angle adjust.

Apart from that ke20 swaybar/ castor rod frame, with a 22mm swaybar and adjustable castor rods.

Thinking some otomoto adjustable strut top blanks might be the go and just drill them to suit.

Main thing i'm working on at the moment is the body, 50~ hours spent on one front guard.. :(

The worst i can see is around the windscreen and the gutters on the room which have split away from the car in places.

Looking to be putting some serious time into this over tafe holidays. :happy:

Cheers - Jono