Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rim Choice

Featured Replies

Hey guys, normally I PM someone for this but thought I'd put it out there this time. I'm looking at buying some rims for me ke35 build and have seen some nice 15x7's with this description "15x7 +11, 15x7 -1, 4x114.3" Will these be alright in regards to the struts and guards when turning and what not?

 

Cheers

i got 14X7 on my ke55 zero offset. fit perfect with 195/60 tyres. rear tyres srub cause I'm running 65 tyres and its on its guts

Had 13x6 (don't know what offset) fitted with 225/60/13's under the rear of my ke35. Had no scrubbing at all and it was about 2cm off the bump stops. The rear lip was rolled. The front was fitted with 185's and the tread was just inside the guard. The sidewall bulge wasnt though...

Go 14's jono, 15's are too big on a ke35/55 imo, unless you run 50% profile or lower, but then it doesn't look period specific. 13's are also good. 6's or 7's are nice with 175/65/r13's. What type of rim are you looking for?

cheers, Crowie

  • Author

There 15x7 SSR longchamps, was looking at some SSR MK1's but they got sold so. Want that style of wheel though and I reckon the longchamps would look good.

 

I got 14x6 dragway splats with 185/65R14's at the moment and they fill the guards nicely, unsure of the offset but the rear right tyre scrubs but that is entirely due to suspension at the moment.

Edited by jono1986

Hey there,

 

I when for 15inch mags with 50series tyres to have the same height as the original factory 13inch tyres so the speedo was not out.

I went for 8 inch on the rear and 5 inch on the front to help with steering otherwise it becomes too heavy.

 

Here is a picture of the 8 inch rim on the rear.

 

post-10153-069550200 1300103769_thumb.jpg

 

All the best

  • Author

Hey there,

 

I when for 15inch mags with 50series tyres to have the same height as the original factory 13inch tyres so the speedo was not out.

I went for 8 inch on the rear and 5 inch on the front to help with steering otherwise it becomes too heavy.

 

Here is a picture of the 8 inch rim on the rear.

 

post-10153-069550200 1300103769_thumb.jpg

 

All the best

 

Cheers, looks pretty good from the side, just as long the height of the car matches I guess. Was going to upload the picture from your ride thread but is showing some error.

 

Do you know the offset of the wheels or?

Edited by jono1986

Hi there,

 

I have not touched the ride height of the car yet as I want to do the motor mods first and then set it up for the strip. As for the offset on the rear they are “0 offset’s”.

 

Here are a couple of pics of the car I have on this computer.

 

post-10153-068490400 1300104920_thumb.jpg

 

post-10153-002798700 1300104937_thumb.jpg

 

All the best

 

** EDIT **

The guards have not been rolled and it does not scrub(I can fit a finger between the wheel and the rear guards)

Edited by _FNQ_rolla_

Hey guys, normally I PM someone for this but thought I'd put it out there this time. I'm looking at buying some rims for me ke35 build and have seen some nice 15x7's with this description "15x7 +11, 15x7 -1, 4x114.3" Will these be alright in regards to the struts and guards when turning and what not?

 

Cheers

 

15x7 +11- No dramas at all,

 

15x7 -1- May have to roll the guards.

  • Author

15x7 +11- No dramas at all,

 

15x7 -1- May have to roll the guards.

 

Awesome, thanks for that.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Do you guys think these will look good or? I like them but would like to hear other people's opinions:

 

post-9470-010696100 1301049347_thumb.jpg

do it!!!! what offset tho?

yeah man they would definitely look the goods with a bit of a tidy up.. any reason why you want 15s over 14s? or is it just that you like that style of rim?

 

pozman they are 15x6.5 +7 and 15x7 +2

  • Author

Yeah I like that style, unless I put a little wider tires on my dragways cause their in good condition and would look tough I reckon.

probably my favorite jap style wheel right there,

 

will fit really well in these offsets. 15x6.5 +7 and 15x7 +2

 

Will be under the car, both will be just inside the guards with room for tyres that fit.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.