Ke70 Front Conversion

shLONG13

Hey guys, looking at buying a 1982 corolla ke70 but don't like the front on them and was wondering if you can put a 1983 ke70 (grill and head lights) in them? the one i want to buy is the cream one but want a front like the blue one in it. help us out

post-13044-029657300 1300527517_thumb.jpg

post-13044-065850700 1300527528_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Hey guys, looking at buying a 1982 corolla ke70 but don't like the front on them and was wondering if you can put a 1983 ke70 (grill and head lights) in them? the one i want to buy is the cream one but want a front like the blue one in it. help us out

There are a few guys on here that have done conversions, and write ups on them. Have a squiz through the technical threads maybe. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys. i was just searchin for help to cause i just finished putting the flat front on my slanty. BUT the lights wont fit? i have no idea how to get them in. could anyone help or maybe swing us a link,. any help is great haha

hey guys. i was just searchin for help to cause i just finished putting the flat front on my slanty. BUT the lights wont fit? i have no idea how to get them in. could anyone help or maybe swing us a link,. any help is great haha

hey, what lights are you talking about? the head lights? cause they wont fit straight in unless you change over the whole radiator support panel, plus the fender gaurds are different too on the flat fronts compared to the slantys.

and those gaurds on the blue dx corolla are also the same as ke70 panel van gaurds in australia, as they were fully imported.

hope this helps

To achieve this swap in australia, you need the following:

Lights from t18 series 2.

Headlight brackets from a dx ke70.

Gaurds from a ke70 panelvan, as well as the chrome bumper form it.

Bonnet and beaver panel from early ke70 panelvan.

Headlight surrounds from a dx ke70.

Grill from a dx KE70.

You can get a few different grills with awesome C badges and the like, I have a couple in my collection.

I actually have 2 sets of this front end, more or less. If I find another bonnet and beaver from a pano that completes the set. I have 4 sets of lights and trims, 8 grills with different badges, 2 sets of gaurds, one bonnet, one beaver, one chrome bumper with endcaps and brackets. Its taken 3 years of fairly intense searching to collect.

No nothing is for sale except for a couple of grills.

As for doing the conversion, it fits directly bolt for bolt perfect on a slanty radiator support panel. Flat front is a bit more difficult to convert as it wont bolt in and line up automatically.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit