Ke70 Stopping Problem

hello everyone

i have a small problem with my KE70,

i thought last night (whilst it was wet) that i test out the brakes,

so at 12am! i was on the road travelling at 60 and i hit the brakes,

it initally stopped straight but half way through it slided to the left and nearly went 90 degrees!

i know that these cars are supposed to pull up straight.

i have assumed that it may be the brakes but I'm not too sure, any ideas??

btw i made sure i didnt crash!!

all help will be good

cheers scotty

Members dont see this ad

All that will do is make your diff slightly off centre, it shouldnt make your car pull that hard to one side.

But there in lies the question, how did you bend it?

Could these brake issues of come from some spirited driving into a kerb?

wheel alignment, camber of the road (as previously suggested), tread difference on the tyres and if the rear drums are adjusted more on one side then the other.

just a few suggestion but try it again in the dry and see how you go

hope that helps

chris

which way did the car turn?

given the camber on the road is towards the gutter, i would expect the car to turn to the....right? ( i think)

edit: re read your post. you said it slid "left", so the back of the car went to the left? (towards the gutter?) or the car turned to the left (back slid to the right, away from gutter)

find a perfectly flat peice or road (maybe a carpark, don't get caught by security!) and try it again.

also check your rear brake shoe adjustment, make sure its the same on both sides.

do you have stock tyres? ie skinny ones?

if they are reasonably old, and just cheapys then they will be quite unpredictable at the best of times, let alont locked up in the wet.

Edited by ke70dave

Gday mate, I only JUST fixed an issue very similar to this in my ke38.. Turned out to be the brake pads but in my research i found that a brake pull can also be caused by issues with the front calipers. If the front pulls left it might mean the right hand caliper might be not doing its job. Maybe try swapping in another caliper, only takes a few minutes..