Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just out of curiosity, would a 5k in a ke36 be worth it? lol

YES, i've had 2 5k's now and trust me it's an good bang for buck upgrade :), the 5k i had in my 1st white slanty front (not the latest one) used to sit next to my mates old wrangler starting in 3rd and leaning on it from 60klms(yes i was racing on a public street and this has nothing to do with RC in anyways shape or form, i am not telling you or anyone to go out and start racing simply stating a fact), and the wrangler was a 4l none the less, thats pretty impressive for a stock 1.5l in a ke70 and there heavier than a 36, i've also had the pleasure of a 5k 36 wagon and that made it go alright up too 100 from the side of the highway

I've just finished respraying as had some rust that needed fixing and went the original colour brought out with the car, but already had the 5k. IMO I'd say go the 5k while the engines out strip engine bay and give that a respray as I'm sure the almost 30 year old engine paint is looking nice and old.

5k and 5 speed (a must)

extractors

1.75" exhaust and new carbie/weber

Sit back and enjoy!!

painting is the easy part.

making the car straight enough so that it looks good once its painted, that is the hard part!

and making the car straight isnt expensive, just takes ALOT of time.

and for the last time...yes a 5k is a good upgrade.

no need to rush modifications based on money, just keep saving and looking out for a good engine.

you're only talking $500 dollars here, not $6000.

on my car i went suspension > paint > engine conversion (4age). over 3yrs...

i prolly should have started with paint as it was pretty shocking (5 different colours on the car for 18months of ownership)

if your car is all the same colour, give it a cut and polish and a buff and you may find it comes up good enough.

afterall its only an old corolla! and once you start painting, you are committed to finishing it.

and lastly....whatever you do...do not paint it matt black.

There is nothing wrong with flat black if you do it properly YES IT WILL draw more attention from our lovely police man/woman, but when driving a ke70 it doesn't matter how clean it is, you will still get pulled over, i know this cause it's happened to me before with every ke70 i've had,

If you lower it to make it handle and put a nice set of wheels on it, cops see that and go hey you in the corolla pull over