20v Charged

Ramsay

Members dont see this ad
plus FWD + power on street = PAIN IN ASS! especially in the wet.

I can vouch for this. Ive driven a Laser with a turbo conversion on 15psi. Apparently it ran low 13s. It was a serious pain in the arse to drive. Take off at the lights and youve got either tonnes of torque steer or wheel spin and you can't steer. Powering out of corners wasnt an easy thing either. This thing had suspension work done too...

edit: this was in the DRY...thank christ I never had to drive it in the wet...

:sad:

So, You have 5 to 7K to spend, your happy to get a loan to spend on your car, your in the sub 25 age group, you want to do most of the work your self with your mates, you want to know how much, and how hard it is to supercharge a 20V + putting it into your car.

:harhar:

If you have 5 to 7 K to spend, i suggest you go talk to someone who knows what they are talking about, Click ME, Then after you realize like 95% of the population of the sub 200 posting forum group, that its a) too much work, b) your x-girlfriend had a baby and you need funds elsewhere, c) change your mind or D) crash the car before you get anywhere, with the original 50hp motor (200hp short of your hypothetical new motor) -> you will understand why when people post these type of questions, why these posts are made.

But, Don't get me wrong, I'm not being nasty; What needs to be said is, if you are in the 5% of new people that post on here, that are GENUINELY interested in converting your Carburetter'ed Ae92 or close enough into a supercharged 20V, i strongly suggest next time you post something like that, try asking it like this...

"Hello, My name is Little Johnny.

I'm From Sydney, and Ive got an Ae92 Corolla. Its a Manual, currently running a 4a-fc ! Its bog stock, and the old motor is getting a bit tired, and I'm really interested in learning a thing or 2 about upgrading it.

No, I'm not going to be doing any track work, as it will be my daily driver, but i wouldn't mind something thats got a bit more punch ;) ! - Ive done my research, and have decided that i would like a 4AGE, 20V, because alot of other people have done it, theres alot of info around on it, and its a legal possibility in terms of an upgrade, in relation to my local governments car modification regulations.

Also, as something a little special, i would like to supercharge it, not because it needs any more power, but just to be different. I realize that the 20V is a Naturally Aspirated motor, and supercharging it requires alot of fiddly, and customizing work, which is still possible. - I'm researching atm, the basics of supercharging a motor. I'm still yet to find out if its legal or not, I Hope i can work something out with my engineer!

Basically, i need to know a few things about the process, if anyone could help me out, it would be much appreciated, as i cannot find answers to these things on the FAQ, Search, or the other forums ( OR ) I don't understand something, and I'm in need of some further explaining..

(list questions in CLEAR, SIMPLE English here)

Thank you for your time!

Lil Johnny

--------------

I think Ive made my point. :)

OK, we have talked about the conversion, and he has decided that we don't want the engine out of the car for to long or we don't want extension modification work.... We are after a small performance upgrade....

There seems to be two options:

1) Supercharge the existing engine, using upgraded injectors, intercooler, exhaust, and computer...... also using 4agze pulley system

2) OR rebuild a 4agze w/ 4afe head (emissions) using all the standard parts, bolt it in, and pay someone to wire it all up.......

Comments???

• 1 month later...

4afe head?

um. NO. there is no way a 4afe head can make more power than a 4age head in the same circumstances.

the valves, ports etc are all smaller, and the combustion chamber shape is not as good as the 4ages pentroof.

now i never actually got the idea of what this guys wants to do....

make his ae92 go faster?

yes you can supercharge the 20v. I'm gunna do it :P

but for 5-7k.... i doubt you could, no offence but form the questions uv asked i gather you can't do it ya self

for that amount you could do a 4agze or 4age conversion. but yeah...... id look at buying one already done.