Fuel Consumption

Figjam14

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what kind of carbie?

I used to get about the same with a carb needing a rebuild.

Now with my 4k+ rebuilt 3k carb + extractors I usually get about 9L/100km

I'm running a 32/36 which was dyno tuned to the car less then 4 months ago. I should of also stated I have a company vehicle so I may tend to be a little happy on acceleration because I hate sitting behind traffic. Even when driving sensibly I would get around 10L/100km though.

On another note what fuel are people using? 91/95/98 octaine?

I found some old fuel economy figures from when I was running a 4k.

Car: ke15 with a 4k (270 deg cam, portwork, 9.85:1 CR) + 5 speed running a 28/36 dcd Weber.

At the time I was doing some delivery driving in around the suburbs south of Brisbane. I did 1302 km for 101 liters of fuel. 7.76 l/100km or 12.89 km/l. On the cruise it was better. Not bad for a thing that would easily outrun your average 6 cyl falcadore.

Wow felix that's pretty bloody good.

I run 98 octane, that's a must for me because the comp is high, I have been forced to run Caltex 95 this week and damn does it ping a lot.

second that i too have to run 98 too otherwise my corolla will ping its tits off.. I have twin 40 dellortos on my 4age and ill get only 350-(400 if I'm feeling lucky)km a tank but I'm in majour need of a tune. Once i get a tune it will be a different story though

second that i too have to run 98 too otherwise my corolla will ping its tits off.. I have twin 40 dellortos on my 4age and ill get only 350-(400 if I'm feeling lucky)km a tank but I'm in majour need of a tune. Once i get a tune it will be a different story though

:sob: :sob: :sob:

I love the 4AGE & hate carbies...I mean no offence to you :no2:

Fair enough personal preferance but once you drive it, feel the power and hear it it makes you fall in love.. Ill be on a cruise one day and it might change your mind :P haha

I love the 4AGE & hate carbies...I mean no offence to you :no2:

Fair enough personal preferance but once you drive it, feel the power and hear it it makes you fall in love.. Ill be on a cruise one day and it might change your mind :P haha

Car ke-11:

stage 1: 5k, very mild cam, 10.2:1 comp, twin 1.5" su's, 5 speed and not sure on diff gears.

Best 7lt/100km(freeway kms)

worst 10.5/100km

stage 2: 5k, blower cam, 8.2;1 comp, sc12, 7k inlet mani, microwreck d5 ecu, 5 speed same diff gears.

Best 11lt/100km

worst 17lt/100km lol.

But the sc setup did double the power!

Stu.