Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fuel Consumption

Featured Replies

  • Author

I honestly thought it would be no higher then 9L/100km with a 4k... guess not :(

  • Replies 30
  • Views 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what kind of carbie?

 

 

I used to get about the same with a carb needing a rebuild.

 

Now with my 4k+ rebuilt 3k carb + extractors I usually get about 9L/100km

 

I'm running a 32/36 which was dyno tuned to the car less then 4 months ago. I should of also stated I have a company vehicle so I may tend to be a little happy on acceleration because I hate sitting behind traffic. Even when driving sensibly I would get around 10L/100km though.

 

On another note what fuel are people using? 91/95/98 octaine?

I found some old fuel economy figures from when I was running a 4k.

 

Car: ke15 with a 4k (270 deg cam, portwork, 9.85:1 CR) + 5 speed running a 28/36 dcd Weber.

 

At the time I was doing some delivery driving in around the suburbs south of Brisbane. I did 1302 km for 101 liters of fuel. 7.76 l/100km or 12.89 km/l. On the cruise it was better. Not bad for a thing that would easily outrun your average 6 cyl falcadore.

Wow felix that's pretty bloody good.

 

I run 98 octane, that's a must for me because the comp is high, I have been forced to run Caltex 95 this week and damn does it ping a lot.

second that i too have to run 98 too otherwise my corolla will ping its tits off.. I have twin 40 dellortos on my 4age and ill get only 350-(400 if I'm feeling lucky)km a tank but I'm in majour need of a tune. Once i get a tune it will be a different story though

  • Author

does any one have any figures from a sr20det in a rolla?

  • Author

about 80% what an sr20det would be in a s13.

 

Cheers boss :y:

second that i too have to run 98 too otherwise my corolla will ping its tits off.. I have twin 40 dellortos on my 4age and ill get only 350-(400 if I'm feeling lucky)km a tank but I'm in majour need of a tune. Once i get a tune it will be a different story though

 

:sob: :sob: :sob:

:sob: :sob: :sob:

why the long face carbonboy?

ive done 260km to half a tank in city traffic and opening her up when ever i have the chance. around the 10L/100km

why the long face carbonboy?

 

I love the 4AGE & hate carbies...I mean no offence to you :no2:

I love the 4AGE & hate carbies...I mean no offence to you :no2:

Fair enough personal preferance but once you drive it, feel the power and hear it it makes you fall in love.. Ill be on a cruise one day and it might change your mind :P haha

I love the 4AGE & hate carbies...I mean no offence to you :no2:

Fair enough personal preferance but once you drive it, feel the power and hear it it makes you fall in love.. Ill be on a cruise one day and it might change your mind :P haha

Car ke-11:

stage 1: 5k, very mild cam, 10.2:1 comp, twin 1.5" su's, 5 speed and not sure on diff gears.

Best 7lt/100km(freeway kms)

worst 10.5/100km

stage 2: 5k, blower cam, 8.2;1 comp, sc12, 7k inlet mani, microwreck d5 ecu, 5 speed same diff gears.

Best 11lt/100km

worst 17lt/100km lol.

But the sc setup did double the power!

 

Stu.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.