Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

she's a screamer.

  • Replies 98
  • Views 356.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • This is one sweet engine mate :dance: wish i could get a real k twin cam :glare:   Here are some pics i found of the real K twin cam :lolcry:       Check them out for headers :blinks:

  • filfrederick
    filfrederick

    each piston would need different relief locations, because the bore spacing on the head is different to the block. also if i did it again i would weld the sides of the combustion chambers and re-shape

  • LittleRedSpirit
    LittleRedSpirit

    Sick find. I love Australia.  Shirtless guys in the dark with a torch working on one of a kind engineering projects in the backyard.  I feel pride.

Posted Images

  • Author

Thanks for the great infomation, if you where to use the 4k piston size would the valves hit the bores?

glad to help.

yes I think they would, it would also be hard to get high compression with 4k pistons, and piston-valve clearance would probably be an issue.

Yea I've been thinking about doing i got every thing to do it. I was thinking of doing it with custom pistons(can get them pretty cheap) with the valve cuts and the right shape for the head to up the compression. But would have to check that valves wouldn't hit the bores. If I did I wouldn't go to the effort to relocate and enlarge the bores. Thanks for the infomation.

Edited by iwontarolla

  • Author

Yea I've been thinking about doing i got every thing to do it. I was thinking of doing it with custom pistons(can get them pretty cheap) with the valve cuts and the right shape for the head to up the compression. But would have to check that valves wouldn't hit the bores. If I did I wouldn't go to the effort to relocate and enlarge the bores. Thanks for the infomation.

 

each piston would need different relief locations, because the bore spacing on the head is different to the block. also if i did it again i would weld the sides of the combustion chambers and re-shape them so they matched the block a bit better.

 

and without the extra capacity from the overbore the combustion chamber would need to be smaller to get the same compression ratio, or perhaps just strap on some sort of forced induction?? it would be a wild 4k!

 

my main mistake was doing everything a bit halfarsed to see if it worked then leaving it. i think with some forged pistons, dry sump and a metal headgasket it would be a lot better. Now that i know it will actually run.

DAT NOISE! I messed myself :)

Sweet Holy Jesus, that sounds so freaking insane! So jealous! Well done mate :)

thanks for the great info, would be good to see you go all out on one haha.

done well mate

  • 3 weeks later...
my main mistake was doing everything a bit halfarsed to see if it worked then leaving it. i think with some forged pistons, dry sump and a metal headgasket it would be a lot better. Now that i know it will actually run.

 

Well, when you build the REAl one, just PM me when you're about to throw this one out! :P

Well, when you build the REAl one, just PM me when you're about to throw this one out! :P

 

PM me aswell!!!!

 

And that sound is just awesome. Such a cool build.

I have a spare freshly built 4kc sitting here, very, VERY tempted to get a 4AGE head for it now....

  • Author

I have a spare freshly built 4kc sitting here, very, VERY tempted to get a 4AGE head for it now....

Not quite that simple...

for $6k you can have mine...

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

I had a lot of trouble with starter motors not being up to the task of turning this puppy over I tried rebuilding a stock one and it would not even crank, so I went out and bought a brand new 1.2 KW replacement starter and it was ok, but still cranked very slowly and I somehow snapped the nose cone clean off.

So I now use a starter from a V8 landcruiser and it is amazing! Cranks so fast, and not too difficult to make it fit, I just had to machine up an adaptor plate

 

post-11347-0-05593800-1347243591_thumb.jpg

 

Almost ready for japnats!

This thing is nuts! How much compression does it have for a 1.2kw starter to not be able to turn it over?

It needs all the red flexi-lines replaced by copper tubing with brass fittings.. and a few chrome nuts on it... and a wisp of steam escaping from somewhere...

 

Then you can wear flying goggles and a full-length leather coat with "Captain Frankenstein" shoulder flashes!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.