Members dont see this ad

Yea I've been thinking about doing i got every thing to do it. I was thinking of doing it with custom pistons(can get them pretty cheap) with the valve cuts and the right shape for the head to up the compression. But would have to check that valves wouldn't hit the bores. If I did I wouldn't go to the effort to relocate and enlarge the bores. Thanks for the infomation.

Edited by iwontarolla

Yea I've been thinking about doing i got every thing to do it. I was thinking of doing it with custom pistons(can get them pretty cheap) with the valve cuts and the right shape for the head to up the compression. But would have to check that valves wouldn't hit the bores. If I did I wouldn't go to the effort to relocate and enlarge the bores. Thanks for the infomation.

each piston would need different relief locations, because the bore spacing on the head is different to the block. also if i did it again i would weld the sides of the combustion chambers and re-shape them so they matched the block a bit better.

and without the extra capacity from the overbore the combustion chamber would need to be smaller to get the same compression ratio, or perhaps just strap on some sort of forced induction?? it would be a wild 4k!

my main mistake was doing everything a bit halfarsed to see if it worked then leaving it. i think with some forged pistons, dry sump and a metal headgasket it would be a lot better. Now that i know it will actually run.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
my main mistake was doing everything a bit halfarsed to see if it worked then leaving it. i think with some forged pistons, dry sump and a metal headgasket it would be a lot better. Now that i know it will actually run.

Well, when you build the REAl one, just PM me when you're about to throw this one out! :P

• 3 weeks later...

I had a lot of trouble with starter motors not being up to the task of turning this puppy over I tried rebuilding a stock one and it would not even crank, so I went out and bought a brand new 1.2 KW replacement starter and it was ok, but still cranked very slowly and I somehow snapped the nose cone clean off.

So I now use a starter from a V8 landcruiser and it is amazing! Cranks so fast, and not too difficult to make it fit, I just had to machine up an adaptor plate

post-11347-0-05593800-1347243591_thumb.jpg

Almost ready for japnats!