1Jz In A Ke30 Possible ??

KE30_RoLLa

i will be researching on google and forums all that but i m just making a quick topic to see if RollaClub may give me some advice !

and if anyone knows much about it, could you tell me what would need to be done and what i would need for this :)

i am very thankful for whoever gives me advice

cheers guys & girls !

Members dont see this ad

it could be street registered if you have a lot of money and like to visit the engineering shop to get it certified and legal but i would think the amount of work and money involved you would have to start considering if it would really be worth it. i noticed you only joined a few days ago so really spend a bit of time looking through the technical build threads and the engine conversion thread and see whether its rally the conversion that you wish to do

1jz engine?.... no shit!

Seriously though, I thought this thread would have received a lot more flaming (was looking for a good laugh).

I think it's possible to put anything into anything, all it takes it time, money, effort etc.

I thought that the limit of what you could put in a KE was 2.4 litres (hence it would be more "tricky" to get a 2.5 JZ legally in). I can't remember where I read that though (and I guess it also depends on the state etc).

The issue I'd assuming that you'd have though with a JZ in a KE3x would be the same as putting a v6 in there, or a JZ in an AE86.... the lead tipped arrow. When you start to mess around with weight like that it can seriously impair the handling (or so I've heard). If you want to go straight though or have power it would probably be a monster.

EDIT: to back up my claim of "you can put anything into anything", I've seen a Mini and MR2 with jet engines and pretty sure I've seen a go-kart with a k engine...

Edited by Sloth

wait wait wait... no-ones pointed out what's on the homepage?

it may not be a KE30 or a 1j, but its a KE55 and a 2J! haha

shit man, anythings possible. you just gotta believe.

hahaha yeah man ive seen that thread and keep looking at it every day just so i get motivation and happiness in me as i love my car and wanting a motor with a note and also power but ive always like the 1jz and 4age tim tossing up between them atm. but leaning more towards 1jz aye haha

A quick investigation says that a ke30 weighs around 880kg so according to National Code of Practice, 880 X 4= 3520,therefore, 3.52 ltr max normally aspirated.If turbo or S/C multiply weight by 2.75, this equates to 2.42 ltr. If the weight I have used is wrong,substitute correct weight to same equation.

Still need to confirm ok with engineer though!

Edited by jimmy-d

Sounds like you could even go the 1G-GTE motor,

then your in 2L territory and there is a plethora of engines in that size

oh right sweet as, well do you know if it can actually happen ? or would it be like the 1JZ lots of fab work...

wait wait wait... no-ones pointed out what's on the homepage?

it may not be a KE30 or a 1j, but its a KE55 and a 2J! haha

shit man, anythings possible. you just gotta believe.

If you are refering to OKE020, ummm she's a KE20 not a '55 lol.

oh right sweet as, well do you know if it can actually happen ? or would it be like the 1JZ lots of fab work...

It would be a torquey motor, but for the effort of getting it in there stick to a 4 cylinder,

there is a gemini getting around QLD with this motor in it, and is rather quick and legal

you might be able to get away with a 1.5J motor, given the previous weight and engine size, depepending how you go about it