Ke38 Panelvan 'grace' Now With More Sr20!

caibs

5000km since the motor and only a few little issues so far.

tailshaft snapped a uni,

box was leaking from the rear seal

there's a small vibration, i think one of the shifter bolts touches the tranny tunnel.

the front end is flogged out. i picked up some new tie rod ends, pitman arm and ball joints and i'll put them in this weekend.

also got some 15x7 ssr reverse? mesh rims for it. the fronts have 205's so they foul on the guards. going to put the stock springs back in as well and see how it sits with the extra weight of the sr20. the rears fill the guards well. the dude i bought them off was a champ. had a very cool mx32 and jzx91.

will put up some pics of the new rims soon!

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 4 weeks later...

smashed another uni joint so i picked up a 4.3 lsd hilux diff with s14 rotors and calipers. going to attempt to fit it without getting it shortened (1410mm) hopefully my 15x7 +10 wheels will fit with a roll of the rear guard/lips. i think it will just fit, might need to go a bit skinnier than the 205/60's though as they baloon a little.

however, nothing will happen for a while as I'm off to the states for a month on tuesday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Long time no update.

Turfed the hilux diff as it was too wide and I needed the cash. Should have kept it but oh well. Wound up getting a r31 3.9 LSD cut down, new callipers rotors and lines.

Diff sucked a bit of power out of it so I thought may as put a turbo on it. Pulled the motor to tap it for an oil return and found crank end float. So turfed the motor, bought a det.

Put it in and it knocked.

Turfed that one and got a new one. That one knocked too.

Got to paint the bay as well. Long overdue

20140824_141817_zpsub634b9z.jpg

Pretty over it at this stage. Perseverance is key. Got a new one from a wrecker with warranty. Ran fine. Had to run it with de dizzy or otherwisethe car needed a rewire. That's cool though not really a problem unless I want to run big boost which I don't.

Then I got

Z32 AFM

Nismo 740cc injectors

Apexi front pipe

Shiney dump

A 2871r which turned out to not be a 2871r, but still does the job

And a nistune.

20140901_102805_zpsrax6rukj.jpg

Makes 227rwhp at 1 bar. I was a bit underwhelmed by the figure but its mighty fun !

20140903_110105_zpsyhdohwta.jpg

20140910_180843_zpssukjheqf.jpg

And my suspension gear arrived too :)

Basically a copy of chestikophs ae86/rx7/Honda brake and coilovers upgrade. Look forward to putting it all in. It certainly needs it.

20140909_163042_zpswbsw8xms.jpg

• Upvote 1