Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke10/Gt4

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

 

Ok so i own a nanna spec ke10 and its coming to the point where I'm nearly finished restoring it! it is too original to cut it up so now il soon be on the hunt to get another ke10/11 time to go race spec :yes:

 

I want everyones thoughts on my idea i want to know if its possible or has been done,

I want to convert the ke10 to all wheel drive using celica GT4 running gear or from the corolla AWD station wagon, not decided if i wanna go rotary or black top 20v for engine but 4x4 FOR SURE if its possible

 

i want to do this properly NOT budget!

 

your input and help much appreciated :y:

I think that the problem will be that the celica is a East West motor, so you might not have the engine bay space in a KE10/11.

I might be wrong but untill some measurements are made I think it may be too wide. You would probably also want a 2 litre motor

for 4x4 as I don't think that the 4AGE in an NA form has enough torque to be quick with that setup. Or just go turbo. Or just use the GT4 engine and driveline.

The corolla AWD wagon that you are thinking of is the Tercel SR5 4x4 I believe. That would be the one to go for as it is a North South orientation BUT....

The driveline itself wouldn't be able to take too mutch power but I am probably wrong on that.

do what this guy did:

 

http://suprang.com/

 

but instead of a supra, use a GT4. And instead of a mustang, us a ke10.

 

compare wheel bases and track of the gt4 and the ke10, that will tell you if its possible.

 

but that's the easiest way to get a car to handle as good as a gt4, and to look as good as a ke10.

put a ke30 on a lwb suzuki siera would be rad as wasnt taz doing it or did he throw in the towel

Do you have a house and are you willing to sell it?

 

I personally think it can't be done.

 

Anything can be done.

 

Think outside the box.

I think that the problem will be that the celica is a East West motor, so you might not have the engine bay space in a KE10/11.

 

 

 

Lightbulb! - Oh Yeah.....

 

Your dreaming, not that there is anything wrong with that

I've been thinking for a long while about the idea of the running gear out of the 4wd wagons into a ke20. So I say absolutely go for it!

 

Edit wrong person

Edited by abbott

Someone posted a link to a KE35 or 55 with a Soarer drive line a couple months back.

 

That was a custom chassis made and the car shell dropped on top... with massive flares to fit the wider footprint. That is the only way I can see this working.

 

 

 

I'd love to see you try! :yes:

why not put a fwd 4age and gearbox in the front driving the front wheels,

 

and then the same in the back driving the rear wheels. ;)

 

4x4 and 4ws

the GT4 engine & box wil not fit. i have a KE17 in the shop and several GT4 engine packages.

The tercel package might be adaptable

Do you have a house and are you willing to sell it?

 

I personally think it can't be done.

 

I'm glad I waasnt the first naysayer

 

 

Anything can be done.

 

Think outside the box.

 

True. How much money have you got?

 

It's been done in a KE55!

 

Bill Zilla KE55 AWD rally car

Well actuall, he didn't. He started and didn't finish. Anyone familiar with bills stuff will probably have worked out that he seems to have a shit load of money. Last paragraph of that page and he's making mention of how much that projects costing...

 

If you want to have a crazy ke10, put a turbo 4age in. If you want a turbo awd, buy the gt4 and drive that.

 

There's an awd chevy v8 powered 260z kicking around Melbourne. The 260z is blessed with enough room in the engine bay to fit the whole ke10.

Edited by philbey

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.