Mmmm Metal. Favourites?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, titanium is high on the list because; highest strength to weight, corrosion resistance etc.

I'm also partial to nickel though, wonderful alloying element, and I've got nickel miner shares that make my wallet happy.

Oh wait, you nerds are talking music... PFFFT.

Personally, titanium is high on the list because; highest strength to weight, corrosion resistance etc.

I'm also partial to nickel though, wonderful alloying element, and I've got nickel miner shares that make my wallet happy.

Don't mind the Alkalis myself... 'Cos they're rare, not many people have heard of them and I'm totally a hipster like that.

Lithium, Sodium, Potassium, Rubidium, Caesium, Francium...

Oh and Snot. I like Snot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_Rp148jCQ

I just won this tread, because I have a banjo solo.

Also: All f@$kin' summer long, sugar.

Edited by 7shades

Ah it's that game is it! Well I would prefer Inconel 625 in a high strength situation and for some bling bling + actual strength and usability Iridium would be the go!

Ah it's that game is it! Well I would prefer Inconel 625 in a high strength situation and for some bling bling + actual strength and usability Iridium would be the go!

Yep, but inconel is a prick to work with. We used to use it to repair 737 classic pylons. Should have had shares in a cobalt drill factory. 2 holes from each drill bit.

I'm a titanium man myself. :)

When you hit it with an angle grinder, pretty white sparks come off it. :D

Edited by Redwarf