Ke30, Sr20 Sleeper Build. New Pics...

stealth20b

Hey all this is my first "old school" corolla ive owned but have always like the old ke's but never came around to getting one until now as its something different to me and i thought now's the best time to start with something fresh.

My ke30 is a 1978 model sedan(auto with factory A/C, 77,000klms), its a 1 original owner most of its life until recently.

I got it from a guy who bought it from the original owner who was gonna restore it but changed his mind and sold it.

Now This is where i step into the picture, I was looking to do a engine conversion on my S15 200SX and will have everything from this car mechanically left aside from it so when i found this corolla it all made sence, SR20 + KE30 = AWSOME FUN.....

So this is my build thread on this car, i have owned the car since july 1st 2011, and have since spoken to a few forum members regarding there similar conversions.

My build objective is to have the car to mimic the original look of the car on the outside, (excluding bigger wheels to allow for bigger brakes) and to have the SR20DET auto in place of the old 3k motor.

I will try to have weekly updates with progress pics, I have been working on the car atleast an hour or two a night after work, as I'm giving my self 3-6 months to have it complete......

Any positive feedback is welcome, hope you all enjoy my build thread.

This is my progress in the past 10 days of owning the car.(sorry bout some of the pics, Iphone shit photos).

post-13775-0-75853200-1310385517_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-00473300-1310385561_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-61299400-1310385581_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-10535400-1310385608_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-79921100-1310385633_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-45383900-1310385653_thumb.jpg

Edited by stealth20b

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude you work quick.

keen to follow this thread, should be a mean ride once your done with it

Thanks dude, I set my self a goal for the day in what to achieve and do it.

P.S. I got get it done quick as my wife and i are expecting our 2nd child end of October, and once that happens it will come to a stop as i will need to help out the wife a lot more....lol

Although i may be doing it quickly, quality wont be sacraficed.

stay tuned everyone.....

I remember when mine use to look like that, auto and all,

Good luck with the build, a B&M Ratchet Shifter will look at home,

I would suggest you get a welded cage, she will get tail happy and keep it rigid

Unless you are going to cruise her, then keep the mudflaps

nisrola would love to see ur car in person oneday just to cheack out how some stuff was done I'm keen as mustard to drop an sr in a ke but ive always been anti sr due to mainly owning big 4 door nissans( cefiro's r32 4 door r33 4 door and a gloria) so u can't hate on me too much

nisrola would love to see ur car in person oneday just to cheack out how some stuff was done I'm keen as mustard to drop an sr in a ke but ive always been anti sr due to mainly owning big 4 door nissans( cefiro's r32 4 door r33 4 door and a gloria) so u can't hate on me too much

I sometimes go to Harrys on Thursday night, and at Springwood Maccas and Yatla BP

Which is another reason i chose the plates, as it has SR in it and between the engine and car itself, well and the $145 price tag haha

Looks good Steve, looking forward to seeing more pics. Ill buzz you later in the week in regards to picking up the 3K this weekend. Thanks :y:

no worries dude, you'll get to see it in person and whats been done since the pics.....

Hey all, progress so far.

I dropped the fuel from the tank so I couldn't do any grinding earlier on in the week until it was all clear but i further stripped the car of its complete dash and front gaurds and removed about 2 kg of dirt in the box section where the gaurds bolt up too.

I also removed the standard diff and went to pick-a-part and removed a hilux diff to use in the car, i have a narrower hilux hosing already but i needed a centre and axles.

Also removed both engine mounts from the subframe and started removing the other bracketry thats apart of the mounts on the drivers side.

will get some more pics up soon.