14X8 What Offset?

Mason.

I'm getting my steelies widened but Race Engeneering in 2 weeks time for my ke36 pano

I'm just stuck on what offset to choose, There definatly going 14x8 front and back.

Just don't know wether to go 0 offset or some thing like -5 or -10

if there going to be wide they may aswell have dish, guard rolling dosent worry me soo much.

also the tires will be 175x60's

any advice will be swell!

pic of the wheels getting widened, getting sprayed gloss black

post-11088-0-02667900-1310728801_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

I really just don't want to buy 4 new tryes lol,

Well need to change my fronts due to serious camber wear on the insides.

so maybe run the rear 175 60's on the front, and buy some new 195 70's on there rear? if that makes sense

just to toughen the back up a bit

thanks for the help though evan 14x8 o offset it is

Edited by Mason.

i just grew a vagina, I'm changing the wheels specs to

14x7-2 front

14x8+10 rear

haha will most likely change again before they get done

so the same wheel size and offset that chillin is running on his 55, which i think is spot on

post-11088-0-63180100-1310734798_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mason.

14x7-2 front

14x8+10 rear

Do it! Can't wait to see it. :y:

14x7 offset 0ish on the front of these is perfect but not for the back 14x8 would be better for sure. Small offset though, +20 would sit in from the guards for sure.

I like using THIS site to compare sizes

Chillin looks overrated, If you are getting custom wheels take advantage of it and get the different offsets :y: , imo every second rolla you see has flared fronts and standard rears because of the skinnier rear track, and it's definitely not to my taste (not that I can afford good taste)

has anyone actually confirmed that the skinnier rear track is actually beneficial to handling?

Edited by rollalicious

Just remember my brother's rear guards have been pulled out 35mm each side and lipped, the fronts have camber adjustment and still rub on the guards near full lock and the're only 14x7 -2. Really depends on how much you want to modify your guards as to what offsets you can run with 14x8's all round.

How much is this setting you back btw?

Edited by Crowie55

There is no way 14 x 8 -0 offset will fit under the rear without major mods. currently on the 55 it has 14x8 +15 and this almost the limit with the guard work i have done. 14x8 +10 will be the go but don't go too low or you will have issues with scrub inner and outer guard.

All the above calculations are working off a 195 60 tire on the 8's. lowering the profile will give you a little more room to move, but not much at all.

I have the rims off my car atm so if you down on the gold coast any time soon, feel free to come test fit them for you reference mason

Also looking at getting widened steelies..

So 14x7 -0 front and 14x8 +10 rear?

What would be an ideal offset, as in negative offset, for the rear if i was going to go 14x7?

14x7 0 offset sits slightly out on standard guards, guard work may be needed depending on tire choice