84 Ke70 - Converted

Jrad

This isn't by chance that KE70 that was on ebay for $1000 out in the middle of nowhere West was it? I was tempted to buy it if it was... Looks good by the way.

Cheer, Jake.

Funnily enough, it was on eBay for $1000. But out East in Yarra glen.

And to all the chrome bumper comments.. I had contemplated it, and there was a KE55 at the wreckers I almost took them off but I settled with these.

This is cool, I like it. The RT104 quads look really good, though KE70 quads look just that little bit better and I can't figure out why. I think these sit in a bit further than the KE70 quads. But still, with these you get that same look and save $500! Cool car man.

For some reason I really like the look of KE70s with no front bumper, does anybody else get that?

As for the lights, I think it's also because of the grille I'm using. Mine is just the stock flat-front cut to fit instead of the honeycomb one. I think I'll put the grille badge back in the break it up a little.

And thanks everyone else for the encouraging comments :)

It's nice to feel like your work has paid off.

P.S.

I'll have to bring my DSLR out on a the next sunny day and snap some nice shots.

Edited by Jrad

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Where abouts did you find that headunit? Looks exactly like the one I pulled out of the KE55 at Pick a Part only to realise I didn't want it THAT much... lol

That head unit was out of a KE70 at pick-a-part in Kilsyth. Such an easy install because it came from a KE70.

What are these?? :happy:

post-11944-0-30670200-1315291181_thumb.jpg

THESE!

I actually came to update ;)

302432_2264655010122_1060892044_2585472_976244695_n.jpg

296094_2264657770191_1060892044_2585473_1805931535_n.jpg

They look REALLY nasty in that picture, it's industrial grade paint stripper. Just ate it off and they were back to metal in a couple coats.

I've cleaned up one rim and already began buffing the face for a machined face look after I paint them.

I'm getting some Autosol to them tomorrow to polish up both the outside lip and the inside lip.

Spencer - I'm stoked with these wheels. They'll come up like brand new. Thanks again.

Dad's going away for a month to the states, so I'll finish cleaning them up tomorrow and whack them on grey/silver for now.

Probs going to go a deep red/crimson with a machined face. But i'm not 100% sure on the red and yellow combo just yet.

If I don't like them it just means I'll have to re-paint them. Other option was black with machined face.

Edited by Jrad

Super quick photoshop.

I don't mind bottom left actually?

Mmm, the only reason I don't want black is I feel like the car has too much black.

Black bumpers, mirrors, door frames. It's got black stockies on it atm, with a chrome lip and nuts. Not too bad.

I was kinda going to go for the crazy 80s JDM look. Hehe.

post-13870-0-81047800-1316434509_thumb.gif

Edited by Jrad

So today I finished polishing the lip and sadning the edges.

I'm going to paint them in Summer but couldn't wait to put them on the car!

294647_2280538327195_1060892044_2596499_1497361129_n.jpg

300264_2280541127265_1060892044_2596500_1210202472_n.jpg

294003_2280543807332_1060892044_2596501_667156762_n.jpg

Thanks again Spencer, happy with how they fit the car and fill the guards.

Photoshopped image of red will possible follow this post, haha.

Can't decide if I want to space them 5-10mm, or try and get the car lower.

Can any of you guys give me some advice on lowering it on a budget? I don't want to go into the whole coilover business just yet.

It's got choppies, but if I cut more off i'm afraid they could bounce out at some stage. Anyone had experience with how many you can cut before this happens? I've cut 2 off the rear and 1.5 fron the front.. I think haha.

Also, I know the lower I go the more I would need to consider an adjustable panhard rod.

The front ones didn't fall out completely when I jacked it up, although they did come out of the cup at the top so they needed to be held in place when I dropped it back down.

Rears stayed in fine but that's because the diff & shockers are all bolted up, etc.

Also, I heard about (what model, AU?) Falcon springs being used? Are these low, or do they just give it better ride feel?

They look good man, perfect fitment!

don't get spacers till you get some decent springs in there and it comes down.

When it comes down you might have to lightly roll the lip of the rear guards

Ford Au Sedan springs will fit the back, but they will need to be cut to your desire height.

They about x2 or x3 times stiffer than the stock 1's , so it wont feel like driving a low whale.

I will recommend you change your shocks while there to make sure your springs are captive so they don't fall out :happy: ..

Enjoy man , gone to a good home.