November 22, 200520 yr comment_83589 hey, just wondering if anyone else has put a nissan L16 OHC engine is thier rolla. i have recently put one in my ke30. wow big difference compared to the 3k. i chucked that away as far as i could! it bassically bolted straight in, bit of muckin round with engine mounts and cross members but still using the datsun gearbox and tailshaft. I totally rebuilt the engine and got a 2 1/2 exhaust. Goes and handles good and floggs my mates 5k off at the lights, so I'm all good with that. good good Report
November 22, 200520 yr comment_83604 sweet. the dude i bought my ke25 off said he once owned a ke30 with an L20B in it, he reckoned it totally hauled ass :jamie: Report
November 22, 200520 yr comment_83641 Guy I know had an bored out L18 in his 200B with twin Dellorto's, had a sexual sound to it, then he rebuilt it and put a brand new webber on it, and it screams. Report
November 23, 200520 yr comment_83726 I have got a Twin SU manifold to suit Datsun L Motors, sitting next to me. I've also got a complete pair of 1.75" SU's in the back shed. You interested? You know you are. :jamie: Report
November 25, 200520 yr comment_84009 Guy I know had an bored out L18 in his 200B with twin Dellorto's, had a sexual sound to it, then he rebuilt it and put a brand new webber on it, and it screams. Umm, why would you put an L18 in a car that originally came out with an L20? Report
November 25, 200520 yr comment_84073 Well, this is what he tells me, and he built the whole engine, and it f@$kin screams, so he must have some idea?? Report
November 26, 200520 yr comment_84171 If that's what he want's in life, for an engine to rev, hey, what ever paddles his boat. Me, I'd go the L20 way. They're torque monsters, and you'll pull better horsepower out of one, at a more usable rev range. 8K rpm isn't much good if you ain't making the neddies. But that's my personal opinion. At the end of the day it isn't my car, either. Report
November 26, 200520 yr comment_84177 Not higher....better, quicker revs....it does rev to 8, but that wasn't his point...I would guess it's got about 80hp@wheels, it's in a stanza, which is pretty light, but it's f@$kin quick, and it has decent torque....it's been bored out, it's 2.1L Report
November 26, 200520 yr comment_84187 Ummm, you originally stated that it was in a 200B, now it's in a Stanza. Stanza I can half understand, as they were 1600 out of the box, but you'd have to be a bit slight in the head to pull a 2 litre out of a fat car like a 200b and replace it with an 1800. If he's pulled the L18 out to 2.1 litre, why not use an L20 and go 2.3 - 2.4? You'd also hav torque that coould pull stumps.... 80hp ATW? Dude, my 3K pulled that. Report
November 26, 200520 yr comment_84190 kinda like a datsun L18, you fit 2.4 navara crank and rods, 060 300zx pistons and end up with a 100 thou overbore plus massive stroke! how much torque would that have!!! i wonder what final capacity that engine would have? cbf looking it up Report
November 26, 200520 yr comment_84202 Ummm, you originally stated that it was in a 200B, now it's in a Stanza. Stanza I can half understand, as they were 1600 out of the box, but you'd have to be a bit slight in the head to pull a 2 litre out of a fat car like a 200b and replace it with an 1800. If he's pulled the L18 out to 2.1 litre, why not use an L20 and go 2.3 - 2.4? You'd also hav torque that coould pull stumps.... 80hp ATW? Dude, my 3K pulled that. It was in his 200B, and now it is in a Stanza, and as I stated, he used a L18 because they rev alot quicker than the L20. End of discussion...I don't really care. I am just telling you what he did, and the reasons he gave me...I am not saying he is right or wrong. But either way...it was fast Report
November 27, 200520 yr comment_84252 Its not about the revs, its about the head design.... An L20 head is a peice of junk, just a bad design, they have a tendency to detonate even when standard with low compression. The L18 head on the other hand is an awesome design and it is possible to run some pretty high compression ratio. Most people put the 1800 head on the 2L, but if you can't be bothered go the 1800. Also according to factory figures the 1800 had more power anyway, less torque though.... :D Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now