Operation "lower 4 Door"

Rolla__Boy

OK, the time has come to destroy all ride comfort, and some shocks :hmm:

I am going to lower this 4 door that I have, as much as humanly possible...what I am wondering, does anyone have any really strong G Clamps that I can borrow?

I will post pics, 1 standard height from side, 2 lowered rear from side, 3 lowered all round from side :D

Should be fun!!

Members dont see this ad

Id personally recommend getting your rear leafs reset. Mine were done in the wagon, not WAY LOW, but enough. Plus you don't have to worry about anything breaking or having your leafs wear out from underneath you. And as for the front springs, just get a cheap set of 'Off the Shelf" ones.

I have a BIG thing against cut springs....!

just take the front springs out and ride on the bump stops, that way you won't destroy a set of springs by cutting them. cut the bump stops down, or f@$k it just take them out all together. use old shocks because you WILL f@$k them

flipping the top leaf will get you on the bumpstops at the rear. you could probably just take the bump stops out and run diff on chassis, minitruckers do this all the time

handles like shit but looks good

You seem to not understand my plan here....This will cost me nothing at all, and as we speak is already half done...Apart from the obvious problems with turned over leaf springs, nothing "goes wrong" with them, and they don't break...The turned over ones in my coupe have been like that for at least 5 years, and I have never had one issue with them, along with the front, I have had varying heights of cut springs in it for the last 5 years, the ones that are currently in there have been in about 3 1/2 years.

I am aware of the side effects this method of lowering has, and I don't really care, as it will be free...and I will have my standard suspension sitting in the corner of my garage should anything happen.

just take the front springs out and ride on the bump stops, that way you won't destroy a set of springs by cutting them. cut the bump stops down, or f@$k it just take them out all together. use old shocks because you WILL f@$k them

flipping the top leaf will get you on the bumpstops at the rear. you could probably just take the bump stops out and run diff on chassis, minitruckers do this all the time

handles like shit but looks good

Flipping the top two leaves puts you on bumstops. I have 8 sets of front struts in my garage, and 2 spare sets of leaf springs, plus the set I will be taking out of my car.

I already have cut front springs sitting waiting wishing...oops sorry, sitting ready to be used. I have had them in my coupe and I know how low they sit me, which I think will be just a tiny bit lower than the back will end up in this car, which will suck as I like the front to be a touch higher, but we shall see what happens