Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Operation "lower 4 Door"

Featured Replies

OK, the time has come to destroy all ride comfort, and some shocks :hmm:

 

I am going to lower this 4 door that I have, as much as humanly possible...what I am wondering, does anyone have any really strong G Clamps that I can borrow?

 

I will post pics, 1 standard height from side, 2 lowered rear from side, 3 lowered all round from side :D

 

Should be fun!!

  • Replies 88
  • Views 91k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I dunno what instant 0's is....but he just means make water squirters for the rear wheels for burnouts. Or I could just get in my other car, and do burnotus.

Posted Images

What suspension is going in? :hmm:

 

Are you going to use lowering blocks in the rear?........

  • Author

In true dodgy form, I am using standard cut front springs.

And will be turning over as many leaves in the rear as it takes to make it drag on the ground :hmm:

HAHA can't WAIT *GETS EXCITED* :hmm:

:D

Edited by -Miller-

Id personally recommend getting your rear leafs reset. Mine were done in the wagon, not WAY LOW, but enough. Plus you don't have to worry about anything breaking or having your leafs wear out from underneath you. And as for the front springs, just get a cheap set of 'Off the Shelf" ones.

 

I have a BIG thing against cut springs....!

just take the front springs out and ride on the bump stops, that way you won't destroy a set of springs by cutting them. cut the bump stops down, or f@$k it just take them out all together. use old shocks because you WILL f@$k them

 

flipping the top leaf will get you on the bumpstops at the rear. you could probably just take the bump stops out and run diff on chassis, minitruckers do this all the time

 

handles like shit but looks good

  • Author

You seem to not understand my plan here....This will cost me nothing at all, and as we speak is already half done...Apart from the obvious problems with turned over leaf springs, nothing "goes wrong" with them, and they don't break...The turned over ones in my coupe have been like that for at least 5 years, and I have never had one issue with them, along with the front, I have had varying heights of cut springs in it for the last 5 years, the ones that are currently in there have been in about 3 1/2 years.

 

I am aware of the side effects this method of lowering has, and I don't really care, as it will be free...and I will have my standard suspension sitting in the corner of my garage should anything happen.

 

just take the front springs out and ride on the bump stops, that way you won't destroy a set of springs by cutting them. cut the bump stops down, or f@$k it just take them out all together. use old shocks because you WILL f@$k them

 

flipping the top leaf will get you on the bumpstops at the rear. you could probably just take the bump stops out and run diff on chassis, minitruckers do this all the time

 

handles like shit but looks good

 

Flipping the top two leaves puts you on bumstops. I have 8 sets of front struts in my garage, and 2 spare sets of leaf springs, plus the set I will be taking out of my car.

 

I already have cut front springs sitting waiting wishing...oops sorry, sitting ready to be used. I have had them in my coupe and I know how low they sit me, which I think will be just a tiny bit lower than the back will end up in this car, which will suck as I like the front to be a touch higher, but we shall see what happens

  • Author

ok back is lowered...will post pics as soon as they work?

Sick. I wanna do the same to my car but not so low I thinks.

take the front springs out altogether, don't be a softcock :D and while you're there, change to a flipped monoleaf at the back, that would be awesome

 

suspension is merely a cosmetic addition to low custom :hmm:

  • Author

haha I was just about to post "waiting for abuse from Jamie" about how dodgy I am.

post-632-1133257774_thumb.jpg

post-632-1133257792_thumb.jpg

"Unki Ted says if its gona be done, its gona be done the correct way!"

 

Introducing another Ms Paint Chop..

Doitproperly.JPG

  • Author

By tomorrow, it should look exactly like that :hmm:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.