Operation "lower 4 Door"

Rolla__Boy

Members dont see this ad

some dude on australian corolla club was making a ke70 pano into a ute at some stage, he posted lots of pics of him with an angle grinder and half a corolla in his garage, then disappeared off the face of the earth

it's an interesting idea, but i already owned a singlecab ute and it was the most useless vehicle i've ever encountered, big words coming from me who has only ever owned tiny 2-door cars. the whole reason i bought a panelvan was so i could actually USE the thing. if i wanted a ute with a piss tiny engine and weak driveline, i'd buy a datto 1200

tho now i'll have a useful drive car, the need for a practical other car quickly becomes non existant. so i could build a corolla for racing or for cruising, i could build a minitruck, i could even build a phat custom on bags. of course, affording all these things is an issue for me, so i think i'll just pay off the drive car and have an unregistered ke36 in my garage for now :P

I always have my gf's 626 for when I need to move/tow things...so I am free to destroy all my cars :P

T-Rex wheels are now shiny white :)

Went to a tyre shop, and asked about getting tyres swapped, and he wanted $25 PER f@$kIN TYRE just to fit and balance, let alone strip the other 4 off, so that would be minimum $100-$150 just to get some tyres fitted to a $20 set of rims!!

Went to the next one, and they wanted $23.50 to strip and fit, per tyre. Not as bad, but still expensive.

Then it dawned on me, that my mate used to work at this other tyre shop, and the manager there is pretty cas, so I rolled in there, and he is doin all 4 strip and fits for "El Case'o El Piss'o" Which is much more reasonable (Y)

*Feels the crisp morning air* Wow I haven't been up at this hour for a long time (Y)

my god, 7am, you early riser you :) out here in the real world of business, we often wake up before midday. there's this thing called "breakfast" we do too, you should try it sometime ;) on days where we have to go racing, 5am rises aren't unheard of. that is wierd, waking up while it's still dark, not really my cup of tea

and if you were going to make a ute, you'd use a wagon or a panelvan to start wuth. that way you don't have to make the bottom of the tray, cos it's already there. a hardtop has like NO structural strength once you cut the roof off, it would likely fold in half on your driveway when it even heard the angle grinder start up :P

If it folds it folds...It's going to the dump anyways....stupid rust!!!!

I am currently a student, on holidays I might add, I am clearly not supposed to see any hours before midday, unless of course it is from an all nighter the night before :P

I used to work on building sites starting at 6 am...And for those of you who live in (or somewhere as cold as) Canberra, you will know that 6am starts in the middle of winter...are not good!

haha true...

I am studying Network Engineering...and I am not sure how long I have to go now, because I am dropping to part time next year, and working either full time or part time, depending what I find...Austudy=No money!!

I will probably start applying for IT helpdesk jobs soon, and work my way up from there...I don't really know what job I am aiming for...I just like networking, so something in that area.