Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Probs A Stupid Question :P

Featured Replies

How wide can you go while still having legal track etc?

Also, i'm gonna get either watanabes or volk te37v's, what do you all reckon?

this

R1480-114.jpg

or this

90-2-190327.jpg

In Tasmania it's 20mm over all from memory, Differs where you are i think

anything more than 15's IMO you'll look like a tool

 

14's are perfect

Edited by Evan G

14x8 will fit with some 195/50's and a guard roll, you might even need around 1deg neg camber on the front to fit them under depending on lowness.

 

Although they will be rather illegal

  • Author

mkay so 15x7's it is.

now who like what? te37v's or the watanabes?

 

>just sayin, what do you reckon i could go up to without too much attention? 8's, 8.5 maybe?<

Where are you located mate?

 

SA is no more than 26mm wider in wheel track overall

National code of practice says you can increase track by 25mm MAX. So I'd assume thats nation wide. The track is measured from the centre of the tread on each tire. Problem with this is on a completely standard ke70 (for example) the wheels are +32ish offset. So if you change to some 15x7 +8 or so (Nothing wild at all just some shitty old challengers) you are already over your track limit and your car cannot be engineered or roadworthy!!

 

This is extremely gay if your in the same situation as me where you have big brakes and have to run the larger wheels but can't run really high positive offset due to coilovers! I'm currently trying to find a lower control arm thats shorter than standard to see if i can fool the system (or a really long control arm I can sneaky fab into a solution :P )

+20 for Corolla stockies

National code of practice says you can increase track by 25mm MAX. So I'd assume thats nation wide. The track is measured from the centre of the tread on each tire.

 

I've just had a vicroads vass engineer go over my dads fj20et datto 1600 that I've nearly finished. I was told MAX I could get engineered in Vic was 40mm front and 60mm rear, in total.

 

Stu.

  • Author

well this is really freakin confusing, i'm just gonna go to the local rta off ice and find out.

 

 

now, on that second opinion, on the rims?

I've just had a vicroads vass engineer go over my dads fj20et datto 1600 that I've nearly finished. I was told MAX I could get engineered in Vic was 40mm front and 60mm rear, in total.

 

Stu.

 

 

What??? Normally its the other way around, you guys get the strict gay rules and we get to do whatever we like!! I can tell everyone FOR A FACT that its 25mm total increase front or rear here in tas. And that is taken from a document called the National Code of Practice, which is what transport Tas uses. And the numbers have been confirmed by a local engineer who is the main go to guy for engineering in southern tas as well as competing in Targa and scrutineering for the tas drift series.

Obviously as usual for aus governing bodies they have all developed their own standards and called them THE NATIONAL STANDARD and locked all the different types in a room filled with industrial fans, cocaine and monkeys, then grabbed whatever pages they can and gone home with them hahah.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.