The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

Members dont see this ad

On another note, the gears I used were the 3.9 gears from the old corona diff. They were in good condition and I prefer the ratio with the torquey motor, at least on paper.

People told me that I would need a crown wheel spacer up to 3mm, but you can adjust the pinion displacement out by just using a slightly slimmer bearing on one side of the carrier and winding it over on the threads. There is plenty of adjustment. Perhaps with a different ratio, the pinion is slimmer and you may need to use a spacer, but they informed me that was not required.

The bearings from the old diff were remarkable, just dead smooth races, but the cylinders themselves were showing some signs of wear, one even had pitting in the middle of it, I don't know from what, perhaps lubrication issues as they aged. There's nothing like the old Japanese stuff when it comes to bearings I think,

Just calculated the speeds in each gear for this car.

6500 rpm limit

55 in 1st

96 in 2nd

143 in 3rd

182 in 4th

212 in 5th

Should tear balls.

If you push revs to 6800

At cruising revs 2800

I like how they all are about a particular speed limit, should be easy to cruise around in and stay under the limit.

Sounds like it will haul, they aren't too bad even in a heavy camry so will be awesome in a little corolla!

How many hoses have to go to the overflow tank on the celica radiator, was it hard to mount? I have a sr20 one I was going to use but it's a bit too tall and I already have enough clearance issues, haha.

Yeah, they just fit inbetween the rails from my measurements and you can see why they're like they are when you look at the front of the celicas. I've already got a fan but still need a overflow and some mounts for it, found one wrecking on gumtree so ill just give them a ring tomorrow and see what they want for those bits if they still have them or see if there's any overflows at work, haha.

I meant I already have a flexalite fan from the states suppose to be one of the best, high CFM. Ill ask how much for the fans too if they still have them for you. Also Ill probably end up going with the glass flares on mine for now instead of those guards I got off you, a bit much work and I need to get the car driving asap, haha.

Yeah well I paid $160ish or something for 1 12" thermo fan so if it costs that much that would be alright still, I might see if I can get a price for you tonight I've got to get some prices for the rubber mounts anyway.

Also have you got anymore pictures of how you mounted the bottom bit? Although I think the rad support on ae86 is different to e7's anyway, how many lines come off the radiator to the overflow?

Edited by 19914afc