Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

Featured Replies

Fark yeah!

 

Are the sleeves zinc coated from factory yet? People have been using wd40, duct tape and atf fluid to stop rusting...

Edited by styler

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • altezzaclub
    altezzaclub

    In 16 years time... "The Girl's AE86"

  • oh what a nissan feeling!
    oh what a nissan feeling!

    This is really really cool, thanks for sharing!   So 2.4 capacity, as light as a 4ag. Cheap as to buy. :hmm:   What are the factory powers numbers for the model you are using?

  • actually the second strongest method of clamping a crank is level with the edge of the block like that, pending how much metal is on the other side, have a look at a deisel or an F20C, they have a spl

Posted Images

Looks good! Is the bolt pitch for the steering arm the same as all the good stuff (AE86 etc) ?

Very interesting. And I imagine you've already looked into caliper/disc upgrades?

  • Author

Fark yeah!

 

Are the sleeves zinc coated from factory yet? People have been using wd40, duct tape and atf fluid to stop rusting...

 

I'm just going to put a thin dusting of paint over them.

 

Spoke to my fabricator. My diff is going to be finished by the end of the weekend.

 

Then I'm dropping the struts and all the bits off for the coil overs when I pick the diff up.

 

Once I get the diff then the shell is going to be rolling, so I will have to get the pistons into the motor and fit the motor and box combo, then do the custom tail shaft, but not before I try all the ones I have lying around. I think ke70 auto is the right spline for w57, but I don't know if much else will line up. Worth a look anyhow. Then I can put some wheels on it and get it flared to suit. Once the coil overs come back, Ill have it flared up front. Not gonna bother until the car is wearing all its equipment and rolling stock. If I can get it to the point where it can be painted before the holidays, then I can spend the Christmas break putting it all back together, wiring it and chasing down all the randoms for it.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Progress is great :)

did someone say wheels..

 

i thought i heard flares mentioned too

;)

 

ra60 tailshaft?

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Just collected the diff housing from Rick sendalls. I'm very happy with it.

 

Took it straight over to diff lapping with the LSD centre for it. Should be done in under 2 weeks.

 

Ricky is also making the coilovers for me.

 

Once I get all this back ill bolt the driveline and suspension into the chassis. Then I can find and flare the wheels into the body before painting it.

post-2885-0-39023800-1349929326_thumb.jpg

post-2885-0-36941400-1349929370_thumb.jpg

post-2885-0-10947800-1349929413_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Surprisingly, today yielded a lot of awesome if expensive progress.

 

Diff lapping rang me. Diff all done.

 

Specs are...

3.9:1

Lexus torsen LSD. Type 2 (the type with parallel shafts along the pinion, not accross. The stronger type.)

F series mk 2 corona diff with ae86 mounts fitted.

New jap oil seals.

New pinion and carrier bearings.

Solid pinion spacer conversion.

Comes with penrite limslip 140 and penrite LSD addittive.

Housing was measured and straightened at the diff shop after it was welded.

Has ke70 swaybar mounts on it.

 

 

So I collected it, went by bunnings. Bought etch primer and two cans of hammer tone gunmetal grey.

 

Took it all back to the shop and soda blasted the housing. I then prepsolled it and did the paint. Came up amazingly well.

e

post-2885-0-99898500-1350032097_thumb.jpg

post-2885-0-88501700-1350032143_thumb.jpg

post-2885-0-12198500-1350032201_thumb.jpg

post-2885-0-06045400-1350032240_thumb.jpg

post-2885-0-53120200-1350032285_thumb.jpg

post-2885-0-52231200-1350032326_thumb.jpg

post-2885-0-42469300-1350032369_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.