The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

Starting to plan the next few things. I'm looking at getting this airbox from Jenvey, along with the 50mm baseplate. Total cost is around $400 plus freight for the box and baseplate. They are pretty much the only thing I can find off the shelf to fit the trumpets which are 96mm approx.

I need to mod the diff housing to bolt in to the car, have the centre fitted, and find some corona rear brakes from the wreckers. Then the rear end will be perfect. I guess there's still the best part of $800 to spend on the rear.

Also need a custom drive shaft. I'm budgeting around $450 for this. Ill have a one piece made.

I must make a visit to the wreckers and find a celica thermofan arrangement. Id ideally like to see a near complete 99-04 celica to study the cooling system. Any Brisbane people seen a last gen celica at the wreckers lately?

Members dont see this ad

Yes Justin exactly right, I want this airbox in particular. I like the idea of a flat face squarely opposing the trumpets to reflect as many pressure waves as possible down the ports. I saw this awesome manifold on a youtube video once of a class N rally car. It had parabolic looking faces above each trumpet opening to reflect and focus the waves down into the ports.

I want to have control over air temperatues. Its going to look pretty unsleeperish with a bulging bonnet, so I want it fairly quiet also.

I'm sure youd like the turbo plenum by Jenvey ? but pricey!!!

http://www.k20a.org/...?t=90664&page=3

Any turbo plenum is a bad idea for NA as they most always rely on boost to force the right amount of air into each port, whereas an NA plenum must be able to draw in an equal amount of air to each port. Also any turbo plenum will be too small a volume. NA requires as much volume as you can practically fit. Boost wants less volume to equal more pressure and reduce lag. Its horses for courses, and I have minimal space restrictions so I can go all out and get the right design of plenum.

Love the build :)

Regarding custom tailshafts I have just been through getting one made up, theres a few good ones in Brisbane

but I went with Knox Driveline Services as recommended off toymods, old mate there is really good and helpful

which seemed to be lacking in the local mobs mainly with yoke and flange specs. It is the bigger unis that count for

the higher strength but they only come in increased tube sizes so upsize it is.

Around $400 for 3 inch shaft with hardie spicer bigger unis - new uni with gearbox yoke one side and new uni with

diff flange other side. I had to measured gearbox yoke diameter and splines, distance from gearbox seal to diff

flange and diff flange bolt pattern, bolt size and spigot diameter. When installed the yoke should hang out the

gearbox seal 20mm / 25mm as standard which is done in house measurement.

Also with your build the alignment off the unis must be equally off centre to rotate smoothly, just to note with

alignment of gearbox and diff else you get an inherent vibration.

Edited by styler

Love the build :)

Regarding custom tailshafts I have just been through getting one made up, theres a few good ones in Brisbane

but I went with Knox Driveline Services as recommended off toymods, old mate there is really good and helpful

which seemed to be lacking in the local mobs mainly with yoke and flange specs. It is the bigger unis that count for

the higher strength but they only come in increased tube sizes so upsize it is.

Around $400 for 3 inch shaft with hardie spicer bigger unis - new uni with gearbox yoke one side and new uni with

diff flange other side. I had to measured gearbox yoke diameter and splines, distance from gearbox seal to diff

flange and diff flange bolt pattern, bolt size and spigot diameter. When installed the yoke should hang out the

gearbox seal 20mm / 25mm as standard which is done in house measurement.

Also with your build the alignment off the unis must be equally off centre to rotate smoothly, just to note with

alignment of gearbox and diff else you get an inherent vibration.

That's handy to know, Styler. I'm possibly (most likely) going to have a tailshaft made up soon. Might give them a call when I'm ready to go. :D