Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

Featured Replies

  • Author

Starting to plan the next few things. I'm looking at getting this airbox from Jenvey, along with the 50mm baseplate. Total cost is around $400 plus freight for the box and baseplate. They are pretty much the only thing I can find off the shelf to fit the trumpets which are 96mm approx.

 

I need to mod the diff housing to bolt in to the car, have the centre fitted, and find some corona rear brakes from the wreckers. Then the rear end will be perfect. I guess there's still the best part of $800 to spend on the rear.

 

Also need a custom drive shaft. I'm budgeting around $450 for this. Ill have a one piece made.

 

I must make a visit to the wreckers and find a celica thermofan arrangement. Id ideally like to see a near complete 99-04 celica to study the cooling system. Any Brisbane people seen a last gen celica at the wreckers lately?

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • altezzaclub
    altezzaclub

    In 16 years time... "The Girl's AE86"

  • oh what a nissan feeling!
    oh what a nissan feeling!

    This is really really cool, thanks for sharing!   So 2.4 capacity, as light as a 4ag. Cheap as to buy. :hmm:   What are the factory powers numbers for the model you are using?

  • actually the second strongest method of clamping a crank is level with the edge of the block like that, pending how much metal is on the other side, have a look at a deisel or an F20C, they have a spl

Posted Images

why not a JC50-100 filter? less than half the price

  • Author

Yes Justin exactly right, I want this airbox in particular. I like the idea of a flat face squarely opposing the trumpets to reflect as many pressure waves as possible down the ports. I saw this awesome manifold on a youtube video once of a class N rally car. It had parabolic looking faces above each trumpet opening to reflect and focus the waves down into the ports.

 

I want to have control over air temperatues. Its going to look pretty unsleeperish with a bulging bonnet, so I want it fairly quiet also.

I've got a Jig here to do a hilux diff, so might work if yours is the right width?

  • Author

I'm sure youd like the turbo plenum by Jenvey ? but pricey!!!

 

http://www.k20a.org/...?t=90664&page=3

 

Any turbo plenum is a bad idea for NA as they most always rely on boost to force the right amount of air into each port, whereas an NA plenum must be able to draw in an equal amount of air to each port. Also any turbo plenum will be too small a volume. NA requires as much volume as you can practically fit. Boost wants less volume to equal more pressure and reduce lag. Its horses for courses, and I have minimal space restrictions so I can go all out and get the right design of plenum.

Love the build :)

 

Regarding custom tailshafts I have just been through getting one made up, theres a few good ones in Brisbane

but I went with Knox Driveline Services as recommended off toymods, old mate there is really good and helpful

which seemed to be lacking in the local mobs mainly with yoke and flange specs. It is the bigger unis that count for

the higher strength but they only come in increased tube sizes so upsize it is.

 

Around $400 for 3 inch shaft with hardie spicer bigger unis - new uni with gearbox yoke one side and new uni with

diff flange other side. I had to measured gearbox yoke diameter and splines, distance from gearbox seal to diff

flange and diff flange bolt pattern, bolt size and spigot diameter. When installed the yoke should hang out the

gearbox seal 20mm / 25mm as standard which is done in house measurement.

 

Also with your build the alignment off the unis must be equally off centre to rotate smoothly, just to note with

alignment of gearbox and diff else you get an inherent vibration.

Edited by styler

sorry I thought that unit from Jenvey has about the same volume and the split plenum design as used on NA setups was superior?

 

Its all looking mighty fine by the way.

Love the build :)

 

Regarding custom tailshafts I have just been through getting one made up, theres a few good ones in Brisbane

but I went with Knox Driveline Services as recommended off toymods, old mate there is really good and helpful

which seemed to be lacking in the local mobs mainly with yoke and flange specs. It is the bigger unis that count for

the higher strength but they only come in increased tube sizes so upsize it is.

 

Around $400 for 3 inch shaft with hardie spicer bigger unis - new uni with gearbox yoke one side and new uni with

diff flange other side. I had to measured gearbox yoke diameter and splines, distance from gearbox seal to diff

flange and diff flange bolt pattern, bolt size and spigot diameter. When installed the yoke should hang out the

gearbox seal 20mm / 25mm as standard which is done in house measurement.

 

Also with your build the alignment off the unis must be equally off centre to rotate smoothly, just to note with

alignment of gearbox and diff else you get an inherent vibration.

 

That's handy to know, Styler. I'm possibly (most likely) going to have a tailshaft made up soon. Might give them a call when I'm ready to go. :D

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.