The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

Members dont see this ad

Need to get an s13 radiator. Anyone? Just need shitty one to test fit with. S13 SR type.

I've got an SR and CA S13 radiators. They're both a bit manky but you're welcome to one or the other or both if you want them. They'd be alright for mocking up and probably fine to run if you checked them over.

You might be interested in the radiator off my predator kit I never used too if you want to measure it up: http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/HPIAB2/images/s15kitradint.jpg

Got busy today tagging the engine wiring loom with what each wire is. Should make it easy once Its in place to sort what needs to go where.

Just need to cut the plugs off of the 2azfe loom and connect them.

Anybody know how to wire a 2azfe cas? Might look it up.

Getting all the info I need ready, firing order, relay wiring diagrams, fuel system specs, torque specs, etc.

Gonna have to decide what sort of tank arrangement I will use. I'm not too keen to go full on fuel cell, Id prefer a jdm tank, but might be easier to mod an adm tank to suit. The camry has a returnless fuel system, with the filter inside the fuel tank with the pump and sender, and the charcoal can nearby. The only reason for this being emission reduction. I might just convert it to a traditional fuel system with an AEM fuel rail, or I did find a place on the interwebs that sells an adaptor to convert the stock rail to a return system.

Anyone done anything with a returnless system before?

Got my oil pickup pipe back, but I'm pretty sure they have botched it up. I'm gonna test fit today. Despite me explaining how it was supposed to be done, they left it for 3 weeks until they started it and then ʞ©$ɟed it up.

I'm going into the shed today to have a look at how bad it is. I think I need to cut the flanges off and rotate them.

Doh.

Anyone done anything with a returnless system before?

This is ls1 may be of use

http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?67277912-Returnless-fuel-system-any-drama-converting-to-it

That sucks, it should take them all of 20 minutes to weld up the oil pickup.

Hey thats an awesome link.

I didn't think there was any great complexity to it, but it really is easy.

Use the fuel return as a map reference for the reg, mount the charcoal cannister under the car and out of the bay, reg also located at the tank, single fuel line to the engine bay, sounds perfect. Its always a pain having the return run back under the inlet.

Will have to source the parts from a 2azfe camry at the wreckers and see about how to adapt it.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

I chopped up the oil pickup pipe today and made it all sweet.

Its been scribed together and made smaller and lighter. Now I just have to go back and have it re-welded.

While I'm there I'm having a water pipe made from copper to route my coolant. They have the right size pipe and can put this blingy gold finish to it, so I'm going with that. Will just keep it minimal so I don't add too much weight. Its a thick walled pipe, usually used for marine boat cooling systems. Ill probably have them supply it unfinished, then Ill get some copper tabs and mark where to put them so that it bolts in securely, then Ill go back, have em braise it up and then do the finish. It has a high point in it so I will add a bleed nipple also.

I recently built a 2az that went into a Scion tC here in America. I used JE 11:1 pistons +.5mm, k1 rods, brian crower valve springs and retainers, brain crower stg 3 cams, some crap raceland header, an OE crank from a 100k mile camry, a stock intake and a 70mm rx-8 dbw throttle body that makes 238whp NA and 463whp on a direct port nitrous setup. It was bored without a torque plate, it's balance shafts are removed and plugged and it didn't need any balancing and so far it's been through several bottles and approaching 25,000 miles on the rebuild. It's not sleeved or any of that bit. It runs off the stock ECU with an AEM F/IC and a camcon VVT-i controller. Stock fuel injectors with a big fuel pump to support the nitrous setup's fuel injectors(mechanical nitrous injectors, not a second EFI rail). I built the thing in my basement for christ sakes. It's like the chevy 350 of four cylinders I've found. It's easy to build(although not so cheap) and can take a ton of abuse. I have a few pics and such of the build if you are interested.

ANYWAY I was interested in how your coupling your transmission to the engine. What parts and configuration do I need to bolt up a rwd trans to this engine?

I had made Yamaha R6 DBW throttles work on it but it wasn't feasible since they were so small. The RX-8 DBW throttle was plug and play however. Eventually it will get a better intake. It's blown 2 or 3 stock intakes sky high so far.

Messin with the R6 throttles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l2T6cccXP8

The RX8 DBW throttle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtc5XnQK3SM

I'm actually a Mercedes guy so I'm a little brain dead on the terminology so what is a Y bellhousing and what cars do I find them on?

Edited by Max Hughes