The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

The brakes have had a final bleed, and the clutch topped up. I've plugged in the wideband, and the datalogger, I just need to make a power feed for both. Undecided about going from the battery or from the front end where Justin did. What you reckon Justin?

Need to screw in the sun visors and attach the mud flaps too. Just minor sundries.

Later this week Ill have it towed to the exhaust shop and then to the dyno tuner.

Members dont see this ad

I've got Gary Coombes on it for tuning. He's always up for some R and D and is one of the only people I can find doing it with the will and knowledge to muck around with it for a while and get the vvti researched right.

E420D Adaptronic Select ECU.

Working my way through the maps and configuration now. I'm all wired for full sequential ignition and injection so I have to move the purge solenoid from Aux output 1 to Aux output 8 via a relay to control it. For some reason the ecu requires the use of the 1st Auxiliary circuit internally to do the maths on full sequential so it blanks it out, which is unfortunate as we have wired the purge to it already. Doh. :oops:

I'm adding a relay to control my power feeds to my data logger and wideband so they don't run all the time. It will just be a simple system that is triggered by ignition power being turned on. My battery used to run down in about a week and a half the way it was in my ae71. Want to improve that. Anyone know a relay type with 2 switched power circuits so I can use a single relay and switched 12 v trigger to feed both the logger and the wideband?

Goes to the exhaust shop for some tweaks on Wednesday.

Some relays will feed power out of the 87 and 87a positioned terminals, handy to use for things like headlight feeds. Couldn't tell you what brand etc to look for though. I'm sure a guy somewhere like ashdown Ingram could tell you. Probably wouldn't hurt if you just crimped both into one plug on a normal relay though.

I've done it now with two relays. All good. I already had a 7 core wire running from the accessory fusebox to the kick so I was able to use two wires in the set to bring power forwards to the kick after the relay switches on the feed, and the trigger wires I used 2 other wires in it and jumped the same feed Justin used for the stereo and gauge power. All working great now and room for more stuff if I want more. I put the relays on the left rear seat panel since its a 2 seater now.

Odd Jobs for today.

Plug in front bar lighting.

Fuel in Tank/s

Add Earth strap to the transmission

Load the maps and config the new wideband sensor.

Fit an interior light switch.

Clip on the trigger wire for the starter

Wind up some oil pressure

Did most of the above now I just have a couple things to do.

I modified the slave to give better alignment between the pin and its recess in the fork. Pretty close to the steering but its tucked behind but not in next to it so the rocking of the engine probably wont affect it and make anything touch.

Bled the clutch again too so its working fine now.

Fitted front mud flaps.

Made and fitted Gearbox ground cable.

Detected a hint of a weep from the sump again but I don't 100 Percent know if its some oil I failed to clean up last time. Will have to see how it goes and monitor it and it may mean sump out again for ʞ©$ɟs sake. Hopefully not.

Ran the map sensor hose through the firewall and found the right nipple to attach it to the idle manifold bottle.

Put the stone tray back on.

Connected the starter trigger wire and plugged in the bar lights.

Wound up some oil pressure and put fuel in the tank.

Just need to load the map, calibrate the wideband and make some adjustments and hopefully I can pull off driving home from Macs on Wednesday. Mustn't forget to do something with the purge solenoid as its got to go on a different wire now.

Good work matey, Keep it up! I keep looking for your updates all the time as its a great read. You must be excited to be this close, I'm very frustrated that my own projects arent progressing quickly at the moment but oh well, thats life :)

cheers,

Jes

Edited by Bueno

Good work matey, Keep it up! I keep looking for your updates all the time as its a great read. You must be excited to be this close, I'm very frustrated that my own projects arent progressing quickly at the moment but oh well, thats life :)

cheers,

Jes

I want a passenger ride once this is up and running.

No worries on the passenger ride. You should bring Blue Mister Two to Willowbank when I'm testing it and we can have a race too.

Bueno you bet mate.

I'm just working through the last few things and its very exciting. I'm going to have to try and get it started before I take it to the exhaust and tuner so that I can make sure the cooling system is bled and working nicely and there are no other leaks in the fuel system or anything else before it gets thrashed.

Oh I remarked the dipstick yesterday too.

I still want to install a speed sensor too so I can tune with that. I need to see if Justin can test the one i have where I want to mount it in some dummied up struts as I want to put it in the hub and use the 4 rotor bolts to trigger it as the teeth. Hopefully that should work or Ill have to put it near the tailshaft or something.

OK.

Shes at the shop.

I found and fixed a few fuel system leaks. Had to put in some new o rings etc.

Worked out I had two pipes backwards and swapped those. Lift pump got much quieter, but ʞ©$ɟ its still loud. I don't know wtf is up with it really. Seems to work though.

So far so good, nothing seems to be leaking, but time will tell. Ill hopefully be able to drive it home this arvo if I take the laptop and some tools down to the shop.

20150819_100210_zpszamogyye.jpg

20150819_100155_zpsdau3dbpu.jpg

So the exhaust is all sweet now. I go to start it at the shop, and one pop and thats all the battery could give. I'm going to give it one more go on the charger and then see if it will turn over.

On the plus side all the petrol stayed inside the fuel system this time and the starter engagement seems seamless. The one shit thing is the damn lift pump is so ʞ©$ɟing loud, its either faulty or going in the bin either way. Its a real pain in the ass. Any one reading this know much about facet posi flow pumps?