Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke11 Beams

Featured Replies

nope but atleast it will be fun whilst driving it!!

Oh heck yeah!!! But your right, those cc figures are only for piston engines not the roundy roundy engines. They are rated double the capacity(atleast) in Vic.

 

Stu.

  • Replies 373
  • Views 776.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Stu- It's funny how ya go looking for one thing only to find another. I put mine on the first time only to find the drivers side rail had some serious rust coming through. I spoke to the engineer abo

  • Just get an 86 Quaife rack... Got a TRD one sitting on the shelf :) No need to shorten it... you will remember to not turn to much haha.

  • you could get away with buying a mandrel donut or two to make that bend a bit tidier, would give you a nice radius rather than flats.   good onya for giving it a go though.

Posted Images

coming off experience , good luck enginnering ANYTHING properly with a firewall modification like that.

  • Author

Well I spoke with my local engineer this morning and he's gunna come round my house next week and let me know what he thinks about the conversion. I told I was sick of yes/no/maybe answers and wanted concrete answers. He was more than happy but obviously wanted to be paid for his time which I can understand (saves me wasting thousands more if it is a no go). So hopefully by the end of next week we will all know if this is feasible conversion to nsw regulations.

whos your local bloke if you don't mind me asking ?

  • Author

Peter clarke from st georges basin on the south coast

  • Author

Ordered my wheels from Performance wheels in sa today. Superlite 15*6 with 3mm positive offset in black with machined lip. Probably a little out of order considering I still need to find out about the front end but I suppose I can always sell them if I don't use them. Wish they'd hurry up and turn up I need to be able to roll it around the shed.

Hey, just found this thread. Very good drift freak. You are doing things right; checking stuff out with your engineer before going ahead "blindly". This should be a nice car to drive, feeling fast and fun at even slow speeds too. That's the good thing with tiny corollas.

 

I Pm'e d you with some stuff, but not all of it may be relevant as I forgot it's not a KE2x you're doing.

 

Cheers

 

Rob

  • Author

Well some progress has been made :) The engineer came around the other day and was really happy with how the prgress is coming. Because I am going with the 3SGE and it is over 45% bigger than the original motor in capacity I need to use a collapsible column. Now this has thrown a spanner in the works so to say because I can't run the original lca's because to install a rack and pinion with collapsible steering column the mounting bolts are in the way. So I've asked the engineer about using KE70 lca's with adapter brackets like the ones 68Krolla has designed, he said this is the best way to go as I retain the standard crossmember as it is a requirement of the engineering process. So now I need to chase up some KE70 lca's, rack and pinion, struts, radius rods and mounting brackets to finish the front suspension setup. I also asked him about the trans tunnel, he has no probs with what i'm planning on doing.

Now I received my wheels today so I've fitting them up tonight so I can move it around the shed over the weekend (pics below), now I mis-ordered them and ordered positive 3mm offset on 15*6 rims and theyu sit out of the guard by about 25 mm. So I'll sort this out once the suspension is finalised. (Always remember to measure twice and check twice more before ordering stuff lol)

 

So now its onto the tunnel, after discussing the best solution with the engineer I've decided to get a section rolled at my local sheetmetal business and weld it in myself, he has no probs with that and thought that was a better idea than me trying to fold up a squareish piece myself at home. I've just got to make some templates and go and see them.

post-10705-0-12299200-1316782065_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-62163500-1316782140_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-74974600-1316782627_thumb.jpg

omnomnomnom very nice, ive seen a few people buy those mags just wondering where from?

  • Author

Performance wheels in Sa xr8racer. 206 a rim plus delivery. Ended up about 245 per rim total without tyres

  • Author

Some more photos of the progress on the tunnel. I've used 1.6mm mild steel sheet and folded the shape into it using a bench folder. Will be doing some more tomorrow :)

post-10705-0-81246400-1316866697_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-43064800-1316866701_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-62678800-1316866703_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Heres some more photos of the build guys. If anyone wants to know anything just ask away.

post-10705-0-12000700-1316948418_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-08906000-1316948422_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-20170900-1316948425_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-42245100-1316948428_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-64083900-1316948431_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-75407900-1316948434_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-79814900-1316948437_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-05704700-1316948440_thumb.jpg

i'm wondering why you've gone to the trouble of keeping a ke10 x member? a lot of people say to use a ke20 item shortened or redrilled to bolt up.. get rid of that ugly lower control arm and the transverse leaf.

 

but wow dude you have some fab skills.. i'm wishing i had a sheet metal bender would come in handy!

I think he has to keep one factory X member to get it engineered..

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.