The Off-Topic Thread

rian

Members dont see this ad

I knew the tech existed but yeah, those things are huge!

I think I'll be interested in watching it this time around. Seems they have tightened the rules so there will be only this one class of boat .

Plus NZ is in the challenger series ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, first post here (Hi!)

I've got a TA22, and usually frequent toymods.com but the forum seems to be down? Does anyone know what's happening there?

Also are celica owners welcome here? It starts with a C and its made by Toyota! :P

P.s. is the toyman75 on here? I was in the process of buying an engine off him

Edited by Ashh

Haha I agree!

I don't have many good pictures of it but here's one from a while ago:

2012-10-27124559.jpg

The paint is actually a vinyl wrap that the previous owner did. I've just been trying to keep her running and so far have done the clutch, head gasket, radiator and wheel bearings. Soon to replace the struts with some xt130's and hilux brakes that I've got just havent had time to fit.

And then there are only a thousand other things to fix...

Haha

Does anyone know why toymods is down?

• 1 month later...

Who has put in stiffer front or rear swaybar in a KE70?

I've just ordered a Whiteline 18mm rear swaybar which I'm picking up tomorrow but I probably won't put it in the car until after I've driven it with the factory swaybar so I can make a comparison.

I've been doing a fair bit of research, but I'm yet to do any calculations on whether or not I'm going to gain or lose traction from this "upgrade" (not sure if I could be bothered to either, or how accurate the calculations would be).

Who has swapped to a bigger swaybar at either end of a KE and what change in handling did you notice afterwards? Also what size swaybar and what spring rate are you running.

I've been thinking that an 18mm rear swaybar is going to decrease traction in the rear end by a smidge, which should make the car more fun to drive at the track (which is all I'm looking for really).

So if anyone has fiddled with swaybars please post up your experiences, whether or not you gained traction, if the car became easier to corner etc. I'd be particaularly interested in hearing from people who have done front swaybar upgrades, I've heard of people removing front swaybars but haven't really heard much about people going for bigger front swaybars.

There is plenty of talk of swaybars in silvia land and I played around with them on my KE70

The general consensus is its more the difference in size of the swaybars than the actually size of the swaybars.

Large bias to the rear is "oversteer ier" Large bias to the front is "understeer ier"

My rolla actually felt good with the front swaybar disconnected I had 8kg springs, turn in felt way better had a bit more oversteer also.

Factory swaybars on KE70s are like paperclips so I reckon you will get a similar result.

A lot of people have said with really large front swaybars/ no rears. Is that once the rear swings out that its very hard to get it back under control but does feel like it has more grip/pushes in corners. Tried it disconnecting them on my KE70 and it just felt super unresponsive and semi uncontrollable.

Some dudes even run no swaybars at all but they run like 14kgs in a s13

But like all suspension its really a case by case type deal and what you like the feel of.

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo