September 22, 201115 yr comment_555236 ok I apologize if kick down is the wrong name for it but basically I have a ke10 with 4k and 2 speed toyoglide. problem is the way it's been set up it's still running an early carby so has a different linkage I'm suspecting a ke20? problem is I now have a 4k carby and adapting the kick down cable from the auto trans is becoming a massive hassle. now I wanna know is there a way to avoid using the cable? what exactly does it do? and say you were to put an aftermarket carb whether it be down draught or side draught how would you get the kick down to work? it's becoming such a pain in the ass I may just use it as an excuse to go manual but I kinda need to get it moving by next week. any information is greatly appreciated and sorry if my questions don't make sense cheers Tom Report
September 22, 201115 yr comment_555261 You need it for certain or you wont get up a single hill. You'll need to adapt the linkage to suit whatever carby you put together, I looked at mine when I pulled the engine out, I suspect it's a fiddly job but not too hard for a home-operator. Report
September 22, 201115 yr comment_555286 Can you manually change to 2nd with the gearlever?? That would make the kickdown redundant- you have a manual auto.... Report
September 22, 201115 yr Author comment_555354 yeah altezza that's what I was thinking but my boss reckons that the cable also has something to do with modulation in the gearbox and you'll have bad problems if you don't have it? and yeah philbey I'm going manual but just wanna get it regod and home so I can fiddle with it all Report
September 23, 201115 yr comment_555451 id be running it, if not the box performs sluggish overall, the kick down regulates the oil drive pressure, so better take off, put the foot down, it kicks back. without the kick down it holds out for as long as it can in gear. Pretty much it gives your box LIFE! :yes: Edited September 23, 201115 yr by Clapped out Report
October 1, 201115 yr comment_557229 <snipe> 2 speed toyoglide. problem is the way it's been set up it's still running an early carby so has a different linkage I'm suspecting a ke20? problem is I now have a 4k carby and adapting the kick down cable The two speed auto uses a rod from the auto up to the carby. It connects to the same place where the throttle cable goes on the carby. Can you manually change to 2nd with the gearlever?? That would make the kickdown redundant- you have a manual auto.... Its how i use to run the two speed in the '30 before i swapped it out for a manual. Report
August 29, 201610 yr comment_706090 Reviving an old thread here.. I've been running my 5k, 2 speed toyoglide KE10 without the kickdown cable. It works fine but it won't let me take of fast. If I forget and press the gas too hard it takes of, seems goes out of gear and revs, then eases in to second. If I stay gentle until about 25mph (still taking off about the same as your normal traffic but not as fast as I normally do) it'll change into second then I can mash it. I'm not sure what I did with my kickdown rod... I didn't put it in because it didn't fit straight up to the twin carbies I fitted. I will be fixing all this soon! Report
August 29, 201610 yr comment_706095 I used to get 85kms an hour out of first gear in my old 2 speed, just thought id throw that in there, ha ha!! Report
August 29, 201610 yr comment_706096 Nice. Do you know what diff ratio it had? Mine has the 4.3 not great for top end. Report
August 29, 201610 yr comment_706103 I used to get 85kms an hour out of first gear in my old 2 speed, just thought id throw that in there, ha ha!! The old mans HK Monaro would do over the legal limit in first :P (307 + Powerglide) Report
August 30, 201610 yr comment_706108 seems goes out of gear and revs, then eases in to second. Sounds like its slipping between gears, not good. Mite need a band adjustment... Report
August 31, 201610 yr comment_706122 Could also be because my trans cooler lines are too large and she's constantly leaking. I top her up every month or so... stop judging me, replacing the hoses is on the to do list! I do have a spare Toyoglide in the shed just in case I break her! Report
August 31, 201610 yr comment_706132 I'm not sure about the toyoglide, but with the trimatic that I have, if you overfill the oil, it goes frothy and doesn't change too well. Report
September 4, 201610 yr comment_706226 Nice. Do you know what diff ratio it had? Mine has the 4.3 not great for top end. Yeah I had just the run of the mill manual 4.11:1 geared borg warner diff, cheers! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now