Subaru_Kid's Ae82 Tin Can - Parting Out

Subaru_kid

Members dont see this ad

Nice work Justin, sounds like you had a ball aside from the BHG. :y: Here's hoping it's just a new one & away you go. :)

P.S - Your time now gives me something to aim for! :wink:

It was the best! the car just kept on surprising me throughout the whole day.... and surprising WRX's too. Its odd seeing a WRX STi go off of the track trying to keep up to some box corolla :laff:

Nah, you shouldnt be aiming for my time

AE093 over at twincam.org.au has gotten a 1:46 in his old AE92

Bway has gotten a 1:42 in his AE82

I want those times, with my car still being becoming a reliable daily driver :P LOL

And as promised, a vid :)

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/692/nixy.mp4/

Edited by Subaru_kid

It was the best! the car just kept on surprising me throughout the whole day.... and surprising WRX's too. Its odd seeing a WRX STi go off of the track trying to keep up to some box corolla :laff:

Nah, you shouldnt be aiming for my time

AE093 over at twincam.org.au has gotten a 1:46 in his old AE92

Bway has gotten a 1:42 in his AE82

AE82 Corolla TC - $3,000

Modifications - $2,000

Beating/keeping up with $20k+ cars at trackdays - Priceless :D

I'm not familiar with AE093's car (I abandoned the old twincam.org a while back & the new one refuses to acknowledge that any of my 4 email addresses exist) but Bway's is...another level alltogether. :yes: Beating his time won't be easy. :no2:

I think my first goal will be to be within 10 seconds of a mates JZA80 TT. :laff:

AE82 Corolla TC - $3,000

Modifications - $2,000

Beating/keeping up with $20k+ cars at trackdays - Priceless :D

I'm not familiar with AE093's car (I abandoned the old twincam.org a while back & the new one refuses to acknowledge that any of my 4 email addresses exist) but Bway's is...another level alltogether. :yes: Beating his time won't be easy. :no2:

I think my first goal will be to be within 10 seconds of a mates JZA80 TT. :laff:

He was on old twincam under the username of dorifto i think

Bways is a beast... I'm just being hopeful in my abilities now... But for starters, I have to have an engine thats 100%... I was barely hitting 140 down the straight and in my AE102 I was hitting about 150

Then better tyres, semi slicks atleast

Then a little more suspension work, and a wheel alignment as i still havent done one since i put the coilovers in lol

And better brakes... almost any street/track pad is better than bendix generals! brake fade FTW! lol

Achievable yes. Easy? no.

Now back to reality.. :P

I ripped the cam covers off, and found that the 4 centre most head bolts are quite loose, ill tighten them up, put everything back together and hopefully it will hold for about a week until i start and finish parts hoarding... Then the car will be off of the road until january... I have something cooking in the basement that should drop my times to the next benchmark time of 1:46 ;)

Ill miss the AE82, the first 4 weeks so far have been awesome!!

Will be driving my mums car and my dads bommodore :(

The car kept surging because i had no petroleum.

This will be the culprit of your BHG! I doubt tightening the bolts will help much, but it is definatlly worth a try.

How much fun is smashing rexys! It's even more fun doing it with a "k" powered rolla. I do really like rexys, but beating a AWD 2ltr turbo is quite rewarding and evo's are a little harder to dispatch.

Stu.

In other news, working on fwd is about as fun as doing this >>> :bash:

I must be a sick lil puppy, I enjoy it. :D Forever listening to mates whinging about access to their (rwd) cars basics such as spark plugs, oil filter etc. Okay, changing a clutch is a long process, but pop the bonnet, starter motor & oil filter's are right there as are the spark plugs. No need to pull intake manifolds off to get to them here! :laff:

I must be a sick lil puppy, I enjoy it. :D Forever listening to mates whinging about access to their (rwd) cars basics such as spark plugs, oil filter etc. Okay, changing a clutch is a long process, but pop the bonnet, starter motor & oil filter's are right there as are the spark plugs. No need to pull intake manifolds off to get to them here! :laff:

Well thats true when youre talking about a large engined RWD car like a Supra or Chaser, but compare our cars to a 4AGE AE86 or Ksev and its a different story... :bash:

16V's are a pain in FWD format...

make sure you send the head away to be checked for straightness.

it may need a resurface, no point slapping a new hg on when the head is warped.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be doing just that, and while I'm at it ill check and measure everything up and also check the compression, hopefully i can ditch this shim and get it to 11:1 :cool:

But all is good now, I'm happy :) lol

So what are the plans?

- Ditch the power steering! Why you ask? Well having heaps of issues with it with exploding PS lines and on the track leaks everywhere, the mess and clutter was not worth its benefits. And I will be installing a stock manual steering rack from another AE82 (random pic of stains under wheel well is from the PS, stained my wheel too :( )

- Ditch the AC. Wasnt gassed, therefore it is useless weight and more clutter.

- Place a smallport 4AGE in the gap that is hopefully a bit more healthy and is a whole lot easier to work on... and 17KW more power!!! :D

Hopefully this will leave the car with 103KW and weighing in at about 870KG which is pretty much ideal for this car :) Bring on the sub 1:48's!! (hopefully lol)

PICS:

sam00922.th.jpgsam01022.th.jpgsam0105y.th.jpgsam01062.th.jpgsam00862.th.jpg

sam0095y.th.jpg