Rians Ke70

rian

Members dont see this ad

I got that AE82 home after a very boring drive from Byron to Brisbane and then back with a car trailer. So the car was a project car that never really got finished, the engine was rebuilt but sat for a year or so and never really went anywhere. The car itself hasn't been registered since 2008.

This afternoon I started it up and took it for a little spin around the block after it had warmed up. The car dove fine, but the brakes were seized and not many of the electrics worked which doesn't really matter because I won't be needing those anyway. I didn't really rev it very hard nor go very fast, due to not having brakes, but the car didn't really seem very quick. I was expecting it to have a bit more go, might need to do some engine mods later on? :hmm: Though I've only been in a 4AGE powered car once before and I don't remember it so maybe I was expecting too much from a 1.6 litre engine.

Other than that and the smoke coming from burnt oil on the exhaust the engine seemed fine.

Here's some pics of the car:

post-9612-0-43686300-1334048638_thumb.jpg

Twincam wheel!!

post-9612-0-51419800-1334048663_thumb.jpg

4AGE bigport

post-9612-0-66111300-1334048711_thumb.jpg

post-9612-0-76116200-1334048829_thumb.jpg

And then I put some switches in, missile switches add 10hp per switch.

post-9612-0-71791500-1334048902_thumb.jpg

And I've almost finished off the gauge panel, just need to sand it up and paint it.

I think I'm going to wait until mid year break to do the engine swap, as I've only got a few more days of holidays before I go back to uni and I'll never get it done in time. I might just weld a new steering column bracket onto the pedal box and finish off the dash and switch panel before uni starts again.

Edited by rian

I want Twin cam wheel!

Was the only car you've been in mine? 20v is a lot quicker than a bigport hahaha. It'll be better with extractors and exhaust when you get it into your car, could always turbo?

The twin cam wheel is very worn, if I don't end up using it you can have it.

Yeah yours was the one I was referring to, it is way quicker. Actually I went in another 4AGE KE70 when I was looking to buy one few months ago, it was another orange KE70 with a black-top 20v which seemed super quick, but the guy was absolutely flooring it. This 4A that I have is still infinity times better than the 4K lol, but I was expecting a bit more from it.

Turbo would be super cool but it can wait, maybe next year?

Mine is factory 40+kw more LOL

That is a fair bit now that I think about it, we'll have to race them when I get this finished! Yours would probs be twice as fast.

Should of asked you could of taken mine for a fang when you were there.

Only catch is you have to start it....

Should have, if there is a cruise or something soon you'll have to take me for a spin.

Get that cold start injector and o2 sensor already!

Edited by rian