Ke55 Camber Question

Hey all,

I am after a little negative camber for the front of my '55. I am aware Sigma LCAs do the trick, but I havent been able to source any thus far.

I picked up some KE20 LCAs for free and I am told they "should" give around 2 degrees? Can anybody confirm this? I really should just pull mine out and compare but I thought I would run it past you experienced people first off :happy:

Cheers!

Members dont see this ad

What's the actual situation of fitting sigma arms?? Isn't something different with the balljoint?

The stock steering arm bolts to the sigma ball joint just fine, the issue fitting the sigma arm is the bush, it must be cut down slightly to fit ke30-55. You'll need a wheel alignment after as you'll have crazy toe out!

you need longer tie rod tubes aswell. ra40 are the ones your after

the sigma lca bush is 14mm and corolla is 12mm so take it to your local pedders and get them to put a larger tube thru it

You don't need a longer tube, has about 25-35mm free, which is plenty.

Slap some sigmas in with new bushes/balljoints and youre done. youll get about 2degrees, with everything else stock.

I have recently put Sigma LCA's into my ke30 and it's the best thing I have ever done to the car. Gave it around 2.5 degrees of camber.

The taper is slightly larger on the sigma ball joints but it's not enough to worry about. They still bolt up fine.

You will need to take a few mm off the bushes and crush tube in order to get them to fit.

You can just get away with using the stock tie rod tube(using around 25-30mm of thread) but for peace of mind ra40 tubes would be the go.

Good luck!

EDIT: Max out your castor at the same time as doing this and you will be high on life.

Edited by BReNt

i have a set of sigma lca's $50 + post need bushes :)

Thanks dude,

Tore my front end apart today for painting so looks like I'll get the chance to compare the stockies with the KE20 ones tomorrow night. If that fails, I'll be keen for the sigmas. I'll let you know ASAP. Cheers! :wink:

With the ke20 arms you'll need a pair of Strut Adapter Bushings. The ke20's ball joints have a different taper to what the taper is on the ke55 steering arms.

(As a side note - the taper in the steering arms are the same with the ke3x - 70, ae71 / 86, T-18, Corona, Celica.)

My thoughts would be to go with the ke20 arms, use the adapter bushings and if you want more camber then grab a set of adjustable camber tops.

How are you going to setup the steering stops that the ke20 arms don't have. The 20's have the steering stops on the cross member.